Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 round Mock Draft with explanations (Updated)...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5. TennesseeTitans - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

- The Titans take Johnson to give V. Young an enormous weapon to throw to. Johnson is the best WR prospect to come out of college in the last few years, and with Young, White, and Johnson, the Titans have a solid young corps of skill position players on offense.

There is no way that CJ falls this far in the draft but if he does then I guarantee that we would take him...

Perfect pick for Tennessee.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Our secondary is subpar? Haveyou SEEN the Pats play this year?

We won't need a CB unless Asante Samuel walks. Give us Aaron Rouse or HB Blades.

And with recent history he prbly will walk Twisted Evil

FF Member #67
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SacKing - Morgan may or may not ever play again. He is out for the year due to concussions. The more concussions you have the easier you get them. They have certainly caused players to retire before. You make a big assumption that Morgan will come back and play, let alone "have a monster year." Its still October and they should know more by April whether he will be back or not, if he is, i would assume they would go safety in the 1st.
The Kev-O

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockRaider wrote:

GoEagles - Yes, I watch the Eagles alot, I know about Basket and Brown, but they are only down the field receivers, Brown and Basket are not #1 wide outs. Stallworth may be, but he hasnt been healthy this year, and wasnt consistent in NO. Jarrett is a big physical receiver who will help yall out alot. You guys cant run the ball in short yardage situations, or near the goal line. Jarrett gives McNabb a huge reliable target to throw to in these situations. And yes, I agree with your CB need but I went in a different direction.

Reggie Brown is our #1 guy. He's on pace for 1,100 yards and 11 TDs in only his second season. No, he's not huge, but Baskett and Avant will fill the role for our big receivers once they mature. Add Stallworth to that mix, and we're set with young WRs. McCauley would be a great pick.

Thanks to Y2lamanaki
RedandGold

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
13. Kansas City Chiefs - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

- The Chiefs have been decimated by the retirements on the offensive line. They take Brown who can come in and play Tackle or could slide down to guard if needed.

Chiefs wont take Brown because on their Offensive line they need LT most not a RT... Brown would be great at RT or OG but I dont think he has the feet to play LT

Jarrett is a possibility as well as a top QB....
Herm loves defense so if a top CB or DT proves worthy Herm may go that direction

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
Kazkal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okam is a awesome pick for the bengals.
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev-O - i understand where you are coming from. but it is just my opinion. i will update the mock draft after a while, and will take it under consideration.

RedandGold - Brown plays LT at PSU. And has played against alot of talented DE's in his career and has performed extremely well against them. He would be a very good LT at the next level. I thought about giving them a WR but I decided to go with Brown because their whole offense starts with the running game and LJ. This year they have struggled in the run game due to the retirements up front, so I feel as OL is their greatest need and Brown can help solve part of the problem. I will consider a change when I update the mock draft.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

19. Atlanta Falcons - Michael Griffin, S, Texas

- The Falcons knew their safeties needed an upgrade and brought in two short term fixes, but Griffin comes in and is the long term answer for the position.

actually we brouhgt in 1 short term (Milloy) and one long term (the 26 year old Crocker) but Griffin is a good pick.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar - I didnt realize Crocker was that young but even so, Griffin would still be an upgrade.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockRaider wrote:
scar - I didnt realize Crocker was that young but even so, Griffin would still be an upgrade.
Griffin would eventually replace Milloy, not Crocker.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gates - it was a close call b/w Jeff and Ginn but i gave yall Jeff because he is a big possession receiver but he is also able to be a downfield threat and he also can take a short pass the distance. He is more consistent then Ginn is, which is why i gave you guys Jeff.

Well, the Chargers are already developing 2 possesion recievers with Vincent Jackson (6'5, 240) and Malcomn Floyd (6'5, 225). I don't think we will add another one in the first round. If the Chargers do go reciever, I have to believe they will take a risk on Ginn over Jeff.
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar - I figured that he would replace Milloy, I was just saying that I didnt realize that Crocker was that young.

Gates - they each only have 5 catches on the year. And both are extreme projects, and are still a few years away from being productive. Samardzjia comes from a pro system at ND and can step in right away and make an impact. Jackson and Floyd aren't close in talent level compared to Jeff, and he would be a major upgrade to the receiving corps. And Ginn is a project as well, he is not as polished as Jeff.
ninerminer49

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the 49ers pick. If you update it, keep them drafting defense. Any position is fine.
TheRealMishemu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the eagles dont need a WR, nor would we take one in the upcoming draft

i question whether if you actually watch the eagles, or if you look at browns stats and see he averages 20 yards

Last edited by TheRealMishemu on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: