Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LITC's Spectacular 2-Rounds: explanations! [bonus top 10 FA]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctown fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for the Browns you hit the nail on the head with Calvin at #2 its not our biggest need, but putting him with Braylon and K2 would make for a great future. Your 2nd pick(Levi Brown)for the Browns hits our biggest need the O-line so i'll give you kudos on that as well. The only thing i'll ding you on is you don't have the Browns getting any of the FA, I could be wrong but I think we have the 2nd most cap room this year behind Arizona. Gary Baxter may miss this and all of next year with the double knee injury so give us Clements, he went to "The Ohio State" so send him back to Ohio.
"happiness is knowing in early February that you'll be drafting #32 in late April"
ftn49

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49er4life wrote:
the only way we would go offense at that pick is either a) our drafting department is completely stoned, or b) we upgrade our defense through FA. And since you don't have us picking up any of the top 10 FAs i would assume option a) must have happened. I would much rather get Cason in the first, and i like Buster in the second, but if Carriker is there i would find it hard to pass on him.

I agree with you, I think I die a little bit everytime I see ginn or jarrett in these mocks going to the niners. Niether is a good enough playmaker to overcome the obvious needs on defense.

I don't like Buster in the second, he is to small to play LB in the 34, he might work out for a 43 defense, but not the niners.
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

04. MIAMI DOLPHINS (4-12) - Gaines Adams DE (Clemson)
::: Tough call between Adams and Moses. Adams has great size and speed and brings the kind of intensity to the table that Saban surely wants and needs.

dont see it specially with your FA choice there. JT has 7 sacks already this year no need to add 2 OLB's where would he play then?

I would rather take Calvin Johnson since we have the 1st pick in the draft currently and are just entering the tough part of our schedule.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: LITC's Spectacular 2-Rounds: explanations! [bonus top 10 Reply with quote

LoverInTheCold wrote:
:::TOP TEN FREE AGENTS:::

1. Dwight Freeney DE (Indianapolis) - signs with Denver Broncos

Freeney will get the franchise tag. He isn't going to leave Indianapolis.

LoverInTheCold wrote:

:::ROUND ONE:::

13. DALLAS COWBOYS ( 8-8 ) - Reggie Nelson FS (Florida)
::: Gives Dallas exactly what they need, a premiere free safety to put alongside Roy Williams. Nelson, if he declares, may go higher with his rare breed of speed and athleticsm.

Absolutely terrible pick. Dallas has a lot of money tied into their secondary as it is. It's never a cap friendly idea to have 3 of your 4 DB's as 1st round picks. We just gave Roy Williams a contract extention, signed Anthony Henry to a $25 million contract last year, and will re-sign Terence Newman in the next year or so. They simply can't afford to spend that much, not to mention the fact that Pat Watkins was drafted this year and is our starting FS.

LoverInTheCold wrote:

:::ROUND TWO:::

13. DALLAS COWBOYS ( 8-8 ) - Troy Smith QB (Ohio State)

Yet another horrible draft pick. The Cowboys have already had Quincy Carter on the team before. They don't need another QB in the same mold. Troy Smith is not an NFL QB. He's a decent college QB, but lacks the skill set to be a productive pro.

If you've been watching our games, then you'd realize that the only 1st round candidates should be O-line or a QB. Those are their biggest needs, but NOT a running QB who came from an option offense.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only skill player that I could see the Browns take in the first round would be Peterson, other than him they'll take Offensive or Defensive line not a wide receiver.

Vince Lombardi
packer_pimp21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picks for the packers....but i seriously do not see the Bucs lettin Simms go...so i doubt that the Vikes would get a chance to sign him....but if the Bucs let him go that is a logical choice....and i like the Samuels pick up for the Pack too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of Reeves, but decent 2nd for us. Why exactly would we sign Simms?

Sig by chief_fan822003
titans will return

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LITC,I like the 1st round pick,but we dont need a OT in round 2....we need depth in like 6 but thats it....

but mainly i wanted to say is,next time you do one of these and have FA add the Titans in,they have around 41 million to work in FA this off-season and they need a CB,S, and DE...some will be addressed in FA the others in the draft....I wouldnt mind Asante Samuel and Deon Grant....to add to our secondary...We have the money and we will use it,guarantee it...This past off-season we went after winners,and respected vets...Like Mawae,Hope,Givens,and Thornton....This off-season we will continue the same trend...We will pick up about 3 FA this off-season....Maybe 1 big name maybe 2 maybe none,but we will deffinately be involved...
Jayme96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: LITC's Spectacular 2-Rounds: explanations! [bonus top 10 Reply with quote

LoverInTheCold wrote:

14. PITTSBURGH STEELERS (8-Cool - Patrick Willis ILB (Mississippi)
::: A hard choice between Willis and Posluszny, but Willis seems to be establishing himself as a hard-nosed, work-ethic, consistency player, and the Steelers love the sound of that. Is Joey Porter on his way out of Pittsburgh?

26. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (11-5) - Darrelle Revis CB (Pittsburgh)
::: While they don't look it on paper, the Vikes are another team with quiet CB concerns. It is not as big of a need as receiver, but there is no value here in taking one. Antoine Winfield is aging and may eventually make the transition to strong safety. Fred Smoot has not given the production that he was paid for. Cedric Griffin may be a quality #2 guy in time. The rest of the crew is just joke, especially Ronyell Whitaker. Tomlin will surely recommend the selection of a shutdown corner and Revis is essentially that, and might eventually be considered the top CB to come out of this draft.

14. PITTSBURGH STEELERS (8-Cool - Victor Abiamiri DE (Notre Dame)

Steelers should take Poz instead if they go LB. In the 2nd, they'd take Kyle Young (Center) before a DE. Hartings is like 34 or something already, whereas the DEs are 27 and 30 or so.

Vikings need WR much more, and Samardzija in the 1st makes more sense than a CB....TE also makes more sense. Though I do agree that CB is a need, it pales in comparison to WR, TE, RG, QB just to name a few. How about that????? Listing Vikings' needs and they're all on offense lol. Never thought I'd see the day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I truly HATE this mock draft for many reasons....Im gonna give it to you straight.....you have some players that didnt make the 1st round that will for sure and you have some in the early 1st that probably wont make the 1st round.....The biggest problem is Woodley in the 2nd round..? haha...thats hilarious....

Now to the Niner picks.....

Ted Ginn: No chance....we need too much on D, if we select Ginn, the 49ers draft dept. has no brains.....we would look at Landry, Cason, and Revis in my estimation.....

Buster Davis: I am a Florida St. fan and quite frankly I love Buster, but in all honesty, LB is the least of our worries on D, I think in this situation, we would have to look at Victor Abiamiri, Adam Carricker, and Justin Hickman (AKA the BEST DE in the Nation)

Im not a fan of either of these picks either....

Rest in Peace B2TB and CrakBurn...
Niners4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think the 49ers will sign Adalius Thomas

As Mike Nolan has roots to him and he would fit into our system PERFECT!

Rest in Peace B2TB and CrakBurn...
Kazkal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Kazkal wrote:
1.)Mkristo Bruce -Postion good like his size but first time I think I've even heard him mentioned in rnd 1...
2.)Zach Miller - If Bengaks take a TE this is the TE I want...but hard see em taking a TE with need at WLB,DE and DT.

::TOP TEN FREE AGENTS:::
11.)Daniel Graham too the bengals =)

lol everyone likes to leave the patriots Wink

it's cause they don't pay ya Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: