Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2007 Three Rounds (Revised)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: 2007 Three Rounds (Revised) Reply with quote

Trades
- The Arizona Cardinals trade the rights to Adrian Peterson to the Green Bay Packers for the rights to LaRon Landry, GB 2007 2nd round choice (41), 2008 2nd round choice
- The Miami Dolphins trade the rights to Calvin Johnson to the Oakland Raiders for the rights to Joe Thomas and 2008 1st round choice

First Round
1. Miami Calvin Johnson (WR Georgia Tech)*
~ Johnson is the best player in this draft w/o question. He's 6'4 235 lbs and runs a 4.45 forty. He has hands of gold. You throw him the ball he'll win you the game. Unfortunately for the Dolphins, they deal him to the Raiders.

2. Detroit Brady Quinn (QB Notre Dame)
~ If the Lions whined up with the 2nd pick, they will take Brady Quinn. I don't like Quinn but he's the most pro-ready QB in years. He hasn't done much to impress me but the kid is a fighter, he finds ways to win which is exactly what the Lions need.

3. Arizona Adrian Peterson (RB Oklahoma)**
~ The Cards draft AP knowing that the Packers will take Landry and ship him with picks to the desert. AP is exactly what the Packers need, which is why TT goes overboard to get him from ARZ.

4. Oakland Joe Thomas (OT Wisconsin)*
~ This is a bait pick. They'll ship JT and a pick to the Dolphins for the rights to a new superstar in Calvin Johnson.

5. Tennessee Gaines Adams (DE Clemson)
~ Titans fans keep saying they need another young gun to anchor their D-Line for years to come. Well here it is. Gaines Adams is a stud and he plays for one of the best teams in the country. He'll bring a winning attitude to a team that hasn't won much since their Super Bowl days.

6. Cleveland Alan Branch (DT Michigan)
~ Branch is one big boy. He'll be able to anchor the middle in Cleveland for years. He might one day end up as the best run stuffer in the NFL. Branch is shooting up draft charts with his sensational season.

7. Washington Leon Hall (CB Michigan)
~ Here is another Michigan player making a case for a top 10 pick. Leon Hall is arguably the best CB in the nation. Well see if he can sew up a top 10 selection when he faces the dynamic duo of Ted Ginn Jr. and Anthony Gonzalez.

8. Buffalo Brian Brohm (QB Louisville)
~ This pick depends on the season of JP Losman. Dwayne Jarrett would be perfect for the Bills but Brohm might be the best QB in the 2007 draft. Can they afford to pass him up?

9. Green Bay LaRon Landry (S Louisiana State)**
~ TT sends Landry to Arizona for the rights to the stud Adrian Peterson. As a Packer fan myself, I would be ecstatic if all falls this way!

10. Pittsburgh Jared Gaither (OT Maryland)
~ Gaither is a monster at tackle. He would address something that might not be an immediate need for the Steelers but they will love to have him in Pittsburgh.

11. Houston Michael Griffin (S Texas)
~ Griffin might be the best safety in college. Of course if you ask LaRon Landry, he may think otherwise. Griffin stays in the state of Texas and prowls the defensive backfield for the Texans for years to come.

12. Tampa Bay Dwayne Jarrett (WR Southern California)
~ Man oh man, John Gruden is loving the fact that another playmaker slipped. Jarrett would provide another ample weapon for either Simms or Gradkowski.

13. San Francisco Antoine Cason (CB Arizona)
~ The Niners pass defense is a joke. Cason might be the best CB in the nation behind Leon Hall. Cason could be an immediate starter who makes an impact. He is my sleeper for 2007 Defensive Rookie of the Year.

14. Dallas Drew Stanton (QB Michigan State)
~ Stanton is a stud of a QB. He can take a beating and get up smiling. He's a fighter, never quits and would love to get the ball to Terrell Owens. Stanton might be the right remedy for the Cowboys.

15. Jacksonville Ted Ginn Jr. (WR Ohio State)
~ Finally a playmaker in Jacksonville. Leftwich would love to throw to him and Ginn would be more than happy to return kicks and punts for TDs. Ginn makes running fast look effortless. He'll be a stud in the NFL.

16. Kansas City Sidney Rice (WR South Carolina)
~ Rice is a guy I haven't gotten to watch much of. From what I've heard he is a physical freak who can catch anything. The problem is South Carolina doesn't have a QB to get him the ball. KC would be more than willing to take Rice at 16.

17. Philadelphia Patrick Willis (ILB Mississippi)
~ The best LB in college football IMO. Philadelphia gets one hell of a player right here. Could whined up at 10 to Pittsburgh.

18. NY Jets LaMarr Woodley (DE/OLB Michigan)
~ Woodley can play either DE or OLB which are both needs of the Jets. Woodley is shooting up draft charts with a monster year for a dominant Michigan defense. Three defenders in the top 18 picks is impressive from the Wolverines.

19. Carolina Sam Baker (OT Southern California)
~ I live with a Carolina Panther fan and he is constantly complaining about the play of the line other than Jordan Gross. I say Baker could be the cure to my hearing loss...no more yelling in 2007...

20. Baltimore Marshawn Lynch (RB California)
~ Baltimore lacks the big time playmaker and Lynch could give them just what they need. Lynch is the 2nd best running back in the nation behind AP. But will Baltimore hesitate to take another California player???

21. New England (from SEA) Jeff Samardzija (WR Notre Dame)
~ Samardzija is one of the most consistent WR in the nation. He would be a lovable target of Tom Brady. He makes big plays at big times, something the Patriots are missing.

22. San Diego Robert Meacham (WR Tennessee)
~ Meacham at 22 is a stretch but I feel after the combine and personal workouts, teams will fall in love with RM. He is a play maker with solid hands. Philip Rivers would have another solid target to throw to.

23. Minnesota Paul Posluszny (ILB Penn State)
~ Minnesota fans say they don't need a LB. Maybe they don't but can you pass up Posluszny at 23? I dont think you can. Pos and Greenway will make one hell of a former Big 10 tandem up in Minnesota.

24. St. Louis Quentin Moses (DE/OLB Georgia)
~ Moses would be a great addition to STL. He can either play DE or OLB...I feel he could move outside if needed but would love to stick it out at DE if he had his choice.

25. NY Giants Kenny Irons (RB Auburn)
~ With the threats of Tiki's retirement looming, the Giants address their RB need with the drafting of Irons. Irons is a solid running back but he is no Cadillac or Ronnie Brown.

26. Atlanta Aaron Rouse (S Virginia Tech)
~ Originally I had Meriweather here, but apparently Atlanta fans are loving Aaron Rouse...I aim to please folks

27. Cincinnati Frank Okam (DT Texas)
~ Frank Okam is a big boy. He could clog the middle for the Bengals, a position they may be missing or aging at.

28. Denver James Hardy (WR Indiana)
~ Hardy is a major stretch but his 6'7 frame is something that cannot be overlooked. He has great hands, the downside is he plays for Indiana so not many people know who he is. I personally would love a playmaker like Hardy on my team.

29. New Orleans Brandon Siler (ILB Florida)
~ Siler is a great fit in New Orleans. He could be the future MLB that the Saints are missing.

30. New England H.B. Blades (OLB Pittsburgh)
~ New England is aging at LB and Blades could help address that issue. Blades is solid, I'd love him on my team.

31. Indianapolis Jake Long (OT Michigan)
~ Long is one of the best tackles in the game. He is huge and dominant on the line. Indianapolis just keeps getting better by getting top 10 talent at #31.

32. Chicago Levi Brown (OT Penn State)
~ Brown is another Big 10 tackle that could dominate the NFL for years to come. He has some flaws but which lineman doesn't (Joe Thomas just kidding).

Second Round
33. Miami Justin Blalock (OG/OT Texas)
34. Detroit Daymeion Hughes (CB California)
35. Arizona Doug Free (OT Northern Illinois)
36. Oakland Quinn Pitcock (DT Ohio State)
37. Tennessee Buster Davis (ILB Florida State)
38. Cleveland Adam Carriker (DE Nebraska)
39. NY Jets (from WAS) Brandon Mebane (DT California)
40. Buffalo Josh Beekham (OG/C Boston College)
41. Arizona (from GB) Darrelle Revis (CB Pittsburgh)
42. Pittsburgh Rufus Alexander (OLB Oklahoma)
43. Houston DeAndre Jackson (CB Iowa State)
44. Tampa Bay Marcus McCauley (CB Fresno State)
45. San Francisco Victor Abiamira (DE Notre Dame)
46. Dallas Ryan Harris (OT Notre Dame)
47. Jacksonville Dan Connor (OLB Penn State)
48. Kansas City Justin Harrell (DT Tennessee)
49. Philadelphia Xavier Adibi (OLB Virginia Tech)
50. NY Jets Michael Bush (RB Louisville)
51. Carolina Brandon Meriweather (FS Miami (FL))
52. Baltimore Rhema McKnight (WR Notre Dame)
53. Seattle Kyle Young (C Fresno State)
54. San Diego Tank Tyler (DT North Carolina State)
55. Minnesota Reggie Nelson (S Florida)
56. St. Louis Justin Warren (LB Texas A&M)
57. NY Giants Marcus Thomas (DT Florida)
58. Atlanta Ryan Kalil (C Southern California)
59. Cincinnati Zach Miller (TE Arizona State)
60. Denver Tom Zbikowski (S Notre Dame)
61. New Orleans Baraka Atkins (DE/DT Miami (FL))
62. New England Jesse Daniels (SS LSU)
63. Tampa Bay (from IND) Lawrence Jackson (DE Southern California)
64. Chicago Clark Harris (TE Rutgers)

Third Round
65. Miami Mkristo Bruce (DE Washington State)
66. Detroit Arron Sears (OL Tennessee)
67. Arizona Eric Weddle (CB/S Utah)
68. Oakland Joe Staley (OT Central Michigan)
69. Tennessee Dwayne Bowe (WR LSU)
70. Cleveland Kasey Studdard (OG Texas)
71. Washington Dan Bazuin (DE Central Michigan)
72. Buffalo Jason Hill (WR Washington State)
73. Green Bay Fred Bennett (CB South Carolina)
74. Pittsburgh Tony Hunt (RB Penn State)
75. Houston Anthony Waters (LB Clemson) **This depends on his injury**
76. Tampa Bay Steven Nicholas (OLB South Florida)
77. San Francisco David Irons (CB Auburn)
78. Dallas Doug Datish (OG/C Ohio State)
79. Jacksonville Lorenzo Booker (RB Florida State)
80. Kansas City Tarell Brown (CB Texas)
81. Philadelphia Steve Smith (WR Southern California)
82. NY Jets Brian Leonard (FB Rutgers)
83. Carolina Jarrett Hicks (WR Texas Tech)
84. Baltimore Troy Smith (QB Ohio State)
85. Seattle Ryne Robinson (WR/KR Miami (OH))
86. San Diego Earl Everett (OLB Florida)
87. Minnesota Mike Jones (OG Iowa)
88. St. Louis Jayson Swain (WR Tennessee)
89. NY Giants Mike Otto (OT Purdue)
90. Atlanta Andrew Carnahan (OT Arizona State)
91. Denver Red Bryant (DT Texas A&M)
92. New Orleans Dallas Baker (WR Florida)
93. New England Desmond Bishop (ILB California)
94. Indianapolis Oscar Lua (LB Southern California)
95. Chicago Prescott Burgess (OLB Michigan)

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8

Last edited by bkobow05 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:08 pm; edited 7 times in total
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not great on the Vikings pick. We drafted Tavaris Jackson to be our starter, and until he gets a chance, which won't be this season, we won't take a replacement for him. Meriweather (not likely because of character issues, Siler, or Blades would amke more sense then Brohm.

Kazkal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would the bengals take a OT.......
They just resigned Levi Jones who is one of best LT's.....
They Resigned Willie anderson to make him the highest payed RT....
They Drafted Andrew Whitworth too play LG and probbley can kick out too RT when willie retires in 4-5 years.

The only need on bengals Oline is center and thats still up in the air if guycheck is the center of the future or not....

Bengals top Needs
1.)DE even if justin is resigned be nice have 2 very good DE's
2.)WLB -Brooks is future MLB...pollack or jenty are future at slb...
Odells future in doubt and may never play for bengals again...if he did I could see them moving him too wlb inless they went 3-4 which I doubt.
3.)Defensive tackle-only really if a stud like branch or okam are there

BPA postion may take
SS-Dexters future replacement but would sit a year or 2
C-If guycheck isen't future probbley 1st or 2nd rnd center will be drafted
TE-I rather have graham as a FA
HFAStud

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not DWAYNE JARRET DAMNIT!!! AHHHHH. how many titans must we say this, the TItans dont need a friggin wide reciever.
ensman13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the browns possibly Branch instead of Adams, and I would be happy

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
The Declaration of Independence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cardinalsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a good Cardinal cenario. Trade Peterson for picks and Landry.

Props to #Uno# on the sig

Cincinnati Cyclones 2009-2010 ECHL Champions

Supersuavesky wrote:
I agree with the Tebow comments. He's never been a great college player
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird trade... bad falcons pick. Falcons dont draft thugs. Give us Rouse instead

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
Deets

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF miami is first overall, it would be Calvin over Joe. I think we would try and trade down and still be able to take Thomas at third or fourth, plus add some really nice picks from teams chasing after CJ

FF Member #67
PacAttack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2007 First Rounder (first of the year!) Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
ARZ trades Adrian Peterson to GB for LaRon Landry (other picks/players included)

5. Tennessee Dwayne Jarrett (WR Southern California)

Horrible pick. WR is not a need! We have alot of talent at WR. What we don't have is a true #1 BUT we have bigger holes to fill at other positions such as; DE, CB, G, and S.

Try placing Gaines Adams in that slot and you'll make alot of Titans fans happier because if CJ's gone (he's just too good of talent to pass on), then a WR should not even be drafted next year.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Hughes can play safety there is no way Shanahan would pick a db. Champ Bailey, Darrent Williams, Dominque Foxworth, Karl Payma are plenty good enough IMO. OL with Lepsis tearing his ACL /DL to provide depth and Safety are the three areas of concern.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2007 First Rounder (first of the year!) Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:

27. Cincinnati Sam Baker (OT Southern California)
28. Denver Daymeion Hughes (CB California)
hahaha seriously? cincinatti has the best set of OTs in the league they are both legitimate pro bowl canidates. Denver has perhaps the best top 3 cornierbacks in the legue. ever heard of a guy named champ bailey? Darrent Williams and Domonique foxworth are both good/great corners who could be #1s on 5-10 teams in this league.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5. Tennessee Dwayne Jarrett (WR Southern California)

Bad Titans pick.

We don't need a WR in this draft. We have a ton of youngsters already but if CJ is there then he is too good of a player to pass on...

Gaines Adams or Laron Landry would be better choices there.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinalsfan wrote:
That would be a good Cardinal cenario. Trade Peterson for picks and Landry.

Agree here but what do we get out of it it could be a future 1st of mayb the 07 2nd rounder, that would help us a lot.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
McDawg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 -

Don't see the Browns going after Gaines - sort of in the same mold as Wimbley who we picked first last year.
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins wont take a LT wit hthe number 1 pick.

We either trade down a few picks and take him or we take Calvin Johnson number 1.

You take the best player available and Johnson is the best player in this draft by far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: