Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Version 1.0 (1st of the year)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fishfan79


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 5191
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Version 1.0 (1st of the year) Reply with quote

It is way too early to be doing this so far I think, but what the heck. Here is one just for fun based off of the current order. Please give me your thoughts for this, I tried to look up team needs and go off of that and BPA normally. But, like I said it is way too early and I would hugely welcome comments.


1. Miami - Calvin Johnson WR GT

2. Detroit - Brady Quinn QB N.D.

3. Arizona Joe Thomas LT Wis

4. Oakland - Gaines Adams DE Clem

5. Tennessee Adrian Peterson RB Okla

6.Cleveland- Alan Branch DT Mich

7. Buffalo - Ted Ginn WR OSU

8. Washington Leon Hall CB Mish

9. Green Bay Laron Landry SS LSU

10. Houston Marshawn Lynch RB

11. San Francisco - Marcus McCauley CB

12. Tampa Bay Quentin Moses DE UG

13. Pittsburgh Paul Posluszny LB PSU

14. Kansas City Sam Baker OT USC

15. Dallas Levi Brown OT PSU

16. Jacksonville Dwayne Jerret WR USC

17. NYJ Jeff Samardzija WR ND

18. Philadelphia Frank Okam DT Tex

19. Carolina - Patrick Willis LB Mis

20. NYG - Antoine Cason CB Ari

21. St. Louis - Justin Blalock OT Tex

22. Atlanta Michael Griffin S Tex

23. Minnesota - Kenny Irons RB Aub

24. Baltimore - Brian Brohm QB Louisville

25. New England(from Seattle) - H.B. Blades LB Pitt

26. Cincinnati - Quinn Pitcock DT OSU

27. San Diego - Buster Davis ILB FSU

28. New Orleans - Rufus Alexander LB Okla

29. Denver Reggie Nelson S UF

30. New England Aaron rouse S VT

31. Chicago Zach Miller TE ASU

32. Indianapolis - Daymeion Hughes CB Cal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
trainmap


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2603
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I have with your mock is the first pick. Like you said, it's way too early and I agree, but the Dolphins can't take Calvin Johnson. Marty Booker is one of the best number 2 receivers in the NFL as he is a former pro bower who was catching over 1,000 yards a few years ago. Chris Chambers is one of the best wide receivers in the enire league as well. Also Wes Welker is a player that is playing outstanding ball this year. Has hands like glue. Also the rookie Derek Hagen is coming off a big week.

Add into that the fact that they have Randy McMichael running around there and Ronnie Brown and you really don't need a receiver. Their problem has really been the O'line as Brown has been fighting almost the same problems as Edgerrin James. I think that if Miami does have the first pick of the draft, they are in trouble as there is nobody they need worth taking at that spot.

But other than that, your draft is pretty good. Kudos! Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trainmap


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2603
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, also, I highly doubt that Philly drafts another D-Lineman. They have Mike Paterson and Broderick Bunkley lined up for the future and Darwin Walker is playing right now. They also have Kearse who's getting a huge salary with Howard, Cole, Thomas and McDougle behind them.

They could use some secondary help, but then again, who knows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oaktown


Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Posts: 3246
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4. Oakland - Gaines Adams DE Clem

5. Tennessee Adrian Peterson RB Okla

6.Cleveland- Alan Branch DT Mich


Raiders would never pass on Peterson or Branch for Adams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gang_Green03


Joined: 12 Sep 2005
Posts: 3104
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Wow Samardzija are you serious?! We don't need a WR right now and especially not in the 1st. We're not taking a 1st round reciever unless his name is Calvin Johnson. Evil or Very Mad

We need a NT, RT, OLB, RB, 3-4 DE, OG. Okam, Blalock, or even a RB would be much better picks in this mock.

Mad Terrible Jets draft!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fishfan79


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 5191
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainmap wrote:
The only problem I have with your mock is the first pick. Like you said, it's way too early and I agree, but the Dolphins can't take Calvin Johnson. Marty Booker is one of the best number 2 receivers in the NFL as he is a former pro bower who was catching over 1,000 yards a few years ago. Chris Chambers is one of the best wide receivers in the enire league as well. Also Wes Welker is a player that is playing outstanding ball this year. Has hands like glue. Also the rookie Derek Hagen is coming off a big week.

Add into that the fact that they have Randy McMichael running around there and Ronnie Brown and you really don't need a receiver. Their problem has really been the O'line as Brown has been fighting almost the same problems as Edgerrin James. I think that if Miami does have the first pick of the draft, they are in trouble as there is nobody they need worth taking at that spot.

But other than that, your draft is pretty good. Kudos! Razz


Saban doesnt take 1st round Tackles he believes in later in the draft ones. Actually miami normally takes later round linemen.

Booker will most likely be cut after the year for his cap number.
Chambers is a number 2 in all honesty
Mcmichael is hugely over-rated really

Hagan could be nice and welker is nothing more then a slot/return man.

Johnson is the BPA, really I see them trading back if they ended up number 1 because someone would trade up for johnson/quinn. But Johnson is BPA and saban will take BPA.
A big time WR to go with Chambers can open it up and make this team a very very deadly team to deal with in the future. Plus they would have the 1st pick in the second and could take Long or another OT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The Kev-O


Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Posts: 819
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles took a DT in the first the last two years, so I'll doubt we'll do it again. Michael Griffin would be nice there.
_________________

Thanks to Y2lamanaki
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trainmap


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2603
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishfan79 wrote:


Saban doesnt take 1st round Tackles he believes in later in the draft ones. Actually miami normally takes later round linemen.

Booker will most likely be cut after the year for his cap number.
Chambers is a number 2 in all honesty
Mcmichael is hugely over-rated really

Hagan could be nice and welker is nothing more then a slot/return man.

Johnson is the BPA, really I see them trading back if they ended up number 1 because someone would trade up for johnson/quinn. But Johnson is BPA and saban will take BPA.
A big time WR to go with Chambers can open it up and make this team a very very deadly team to deal with in the future. Plus they would have the 1st pick in the second and could take Long or another OT.


I see your point, but they even if Booker is gone, they don't need Calvin Johnson and Chambers is most def more than a number 2. Their problem has been QB play and O'line. Saban has only been in the league a little over a year so I think it's too early to really say that he only drafts certain positions here or there, and he may have no choice but to take the best OT he can get.

Just look at Arizona. You can have all the offensive weapons in the world, if your line can't hold up, they do you no good. Bledsoe just got benched because he can't stay in the pocket and process anything. The Cleveland Browns don't even run the ball their line is so bad. David Carr I think has proved that he can find receivers and make plays if he's given time.

Not that I think that Joe Thomas is that type of prospect, but I think that the worst thing that could happen to them is getting the first pick of the draft. But even if they do, I really think that they would take the BPA and trade it to the highest bidder. They really don't need Calvin. They have a lot of weapons on offense, they just need the gun powder to use them. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 32414
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow I doubt the Eagles will take a DT considering they drafted 3 the past 2 years(2 in the first) and all 3 are with the team.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Vikings101


Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 3372
Location: AZ
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we have established that Chester Taylor can carry the load, so I don't like the Vikings pick. Zach Miller or trading up for Dwayne Jarrett are better options.
_________________

Sig by chief_fan822003
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jets28-forever


Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow bad jets pick we dont even need a WR and Samardzija isnt a first rounder
_________________
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4078/clemonsug7.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrettWolfe


Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 5485
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Miami pick.
_________________


Dolphins Fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
daching36


Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 103
Location: big D
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miami ant gonna get # 1
_________________

MBIII for President

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101461 = my mock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Niners4Ever


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 5146
Location: Cloud 9
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Version 1.0 (1st of the year) Reply with quote

Fishfan79 wrote:
It is way too early to be doing this so far I think, but what the heck. Here is one just for fun based off of the current order. Please give me your thoughts for this, I tried to look up team needs and go off of that and BPA normally. But, like I said it is way too early and I would hugely welcome comments.


1. Miami - Calvin Johnson WR GT

2. Detroit - Brady Quinn QB N.D.

3. Arizona Joe Thomas LT Wis

4. Oakland - Gaines Adams DE Clem

5. Tennessee Adrian Peterson RB Okla

6.Cleveland- Alan Branch DT Mich

7. Buffalo - Ted Ginn WR OSU

8. Washington Leon Hall CB Mish

9. Green Bay Laron Landry SS LSU

10. Houston Marshawn Lynch RB

11. San Francisco - Marcus McCauley CB

12. Tampa Bay Quentin Moses DE UG

13. Pittsburgh Paul Posluszny LB PSU

14. Kansas City Sam Baker OT USC

15. Dallas Levi Brown OT PSU

16. Jacksonville Dwayne Jerret WR USC

17. NYJ Jeff Samardzija WR ND

18. Philadelphia Frank Okam DT Tex

19. Carolina - Patrick Willis LB Mis

20. NYG - Antoine Cason CB Ari

21. St. Louis - Justin Blalock OT Tex

22. Atlanta Michael Griffin S Tex

23. Minnesota - Kenny Irons RB Aub

24. Baltimore - Brian Brohm QB Louisville

25. New England(from Seattle) - H.B. Blades LB Pitt

26. Cincinnati - Quinn Pitcock DT OSU

27. San Diego - Buster Davis ILB FSU

28. New Orleans - Rufus Alexander LB Okla

29. Denver Reggie Nelson S UF

30. New England Aaron rouse S VT

31. Chicago Zach Miller TE ASU

32. Indianapolis - Daymeion Hughes CB Cal


How many times do I have to say that McCauley isnt even in the Top 5 CBs in the draft? wow, TERRIBLE pick...
_________________




Rest in Peace B2TB and CrakBurn...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group