Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My new 2007 Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade the Draft
A
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
C
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
D
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
F
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

ktpackerfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: My new 2007 Mock Reply with quote

Round 1
1 Miami Dolphins - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin - Joey Harrington is terrible, but Culpepper is not the problem. They need to not "start over" but build from the ground up and there is no better run blocker than Thomas in this draft.
2 Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame - My friend was watching the Lions two weeks ago and they were interviewing Jon Kitna and in the background he heard something, he thought it said "When Quinn the Eskimo gets here everybody's gonna jump for joy."
3 Arizona Cardinals - Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland - He is a man among boys on the field and if he decides to come out I won't be surprised if he goes Top 5.
4 Oakland Raiders - The Great One a.k.a. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech - I will guarantee you Joey Porter will not be a Raider next year and I don't that Moss will be one either. I finally jumped on the CJ bandwagon about two weeks ago and I will never get off. He is AMAZIN'.
5 Tennessee Titans - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson - AP will be tempting but they already have Henry and Adams will be the cornerstone of the defense for many years.
6 Cleveland Browns - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan - One word describes this CB, Shut-down.
7 Washington Redskins - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State - Maybe not worth this high of a pick, but Whitner went high, and they need a CB so McCauley gets the nod.
8 Buffalo Bills - Sam Baker, OT, USC - Mike Williams was a major bust and if they think Losman is the man they need someone to keep him off is backside. And Baker is perfect for that.
9 Green Bay Packers - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma - I don't think he will slide this far, but his injuries and lack of need before GB could drop him. TT couldn't pass up on an all-american talent like Peterson.
10 Pittsburgh Steelers - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss - He will be a great replacement of Joey Porter and the defense won't miss a beat, but the offense will still have a long way to go.
11 Houston Texans - LaRon Landry, S, LSU - This is a no-brainer. POP QUIZ name one of the S for the Texans.
12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Quentin Moses, OLB/DE, Georgia - He will be a nice compliment to Rice on the other side.
13 San Francisco 49ers - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC - Alex Smith seems to becoming along, but he need someone other than Antonio Bryant to throw to and Jarrett would be perfect.
14 Dallas Cowboys - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State - I don't think this pick needs an explanation, except for I one word that describes their o-line P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.
15 Jacksonville Jaguars - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State - I don't know why, but he just seems like a Jack Del Rio kind of guy.
16 Kansas City Chiefs - Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State - They need a force up the middle and Pitcock would be perfect.
17 Philadelphia Eagles - Antoine Cason, CB/S, Arizona - I don't know if this is a huge need, but I think this would be a great pick.
18 New York Jets - Marshawn Lynch, RB, CAL - This pick seems to be set in stone if Lynch lasts to the Jets and I think he will be chosen by the J-E-T-S also.
19 Carolina Panthers - Michael Griffin, S, Texas - There Safties are aging and hurt so they could use some youth at the position.
20 Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami - He may be an idiot, but Ray Lewis will scare the sh** out of him so he never does anything stupid like that again.
21 New England from Seattle Seahawks - Buster Davis, LB, Florida State - They are old and hurt in at the LB core so why not add some depth.
22 San Diego Chargers - Ted Ginn Jr, WR/Ret, Ohio State - The Chargers need to add some spark to their offense they have LT and Gates, but who else except the ageless wonders McCardell and Parker.
23 Minnesota Vikings - Sydney Rice, WR, South Carolina - They would have a great triple threat in the possesion WR Robinson, The Burner Williamson, and all-around guy Rice.
24 St. Louis Rams - LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan - With the trade of Hargrove they need someone to compliment Little on the other side and Woodley would be perfect.
25 New York Giants - Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida - Might have some off the field issues, but Coughlin could set him straight and he is a heck of a player.
26 Atlanta Falcons - Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech - Would be an excellent fit to what is becoming a Virginia Tech reunion in the secondary.
27 Cincinnati Bengals - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan - They have some old guys in Adams and Thornton and it would be a good idea to add some depth especially with this guy.
28 Denver Broncos - Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame - The experiment is over they have done an okay job, but now they have to look foward to the future.
29 New Orleans Saints - Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State - They give Brees an option he had in San Diego a very good TE.
30 New England Patriots - DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa State - He slips in the first round because of their need of a CB so bad.
31 Indianapolis Colts - Brandon Siler, LB, Florida - Big and Fast a good combo for the Colts LBs. Plus they might loose Cato June in FA.
32 Chicago Bears - Justin Blalock, OG/OT, Texas - He will be a great run blocker and be perfect for Lovie Smith's offense.

I don't think Frank Okam or Brian Brohm will enter. I will do the second round soon. I use the current standings. Please tell me what you think. BE HARSH!!!
-God Bless
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lions won't take Quinn. I don't like him as a QB, but millen cannot afford to take a gamble on another first round QB and mess up. Marinelli will want to go defense, and if Calvin Johnson is on the board, Millen should take him. Yes we've taken a lot of recievers that haven't worked out, but other than Roy Williams our recivers shouldn't be playing in the NFL.
trainmap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, the Lions have Marinelli so I really think that he's going with defense. Sure, they could use a QB of the future, but they did get a younger guy in McCown, not that he's going to be the answer, but with an older veteran and a younger veteran, it does buy them some time. Here are some names I could see them getting.

Alan Branch
I think that if they could get Alan Branch to pair with Shaun Rogers, that is a nice little avenue to go. Also, it seems that Shaun Cody isn't going to become a starter so maybe they take an impact DT because of that reason as well.

Gaines Adams
If they get Gaines Adams at that pick, it wouldn't surprise me either. They could use an impact defensive end.

Reggie Nelson
I think he's the best safety in college and I could see them getting a safety to pair with Bullocks. Maybe not this high in the draft, but he's an impact player that would take care of the safety position for the next 5 years at least.

Leon Hall/best CB available
Their play against the pass has been freightingly bad. I don't know if it's just corner play, but I could definetly see them going after the best cover man too if they need to. If you have Leon Hall going this high in your mock, he very well could end up a Lion.

All in all, they need defense more than offense. They could get a receiver in the 3rd or 4th round. Furrey seems to be playing well, shouldn't be starting, but he's playing well. The offense can wait, they need to focus on that D and I think they will this year.
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way miami takes a LT with the number 1 overall pick. It isnt good value

Calvin Johnson would be the pick there else would trade down.
The Kev-O

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Eagles pick.

Thanks to Y2lamanaki
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y is Marshawn Lynch to the Jets set in stone? we have much more important needs like NT, OLB, RT, OG, DE.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Leon Washington with a strong season can win the starting running back job and allow the Jets to draft another team need.
JerryRice80

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Griffin and Alan Branch are better picks for the 9ers
ensman13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to think there is no way that we would take a CB over Peterson, but you never know.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
The Declaration of Independence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DerrickJohnson#11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great bucs pick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 2007 Mock Reply with quote

ktpackerfan wrote:
22 San Diego Chargers - Ted Ginn Jr, WR/Ret, Ohio State - The Chargers need to add some spark to their offense they have LT and Gates, but who else except the ageless wonders McCardell and Parker.

Eric Parker is 27, Good pick though.
Vikings101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Vikings pick.

Sig by chief_fan822003
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Cards pick buit in that situation with

Peterson,Johnson,Brohm still on the board i say we trade down to maybe 6 with the browns and they can have AP, or the titans at 5 so they can take Johnson. All in all we can trade back andget extra 2nd rounders and still get our Man Gaither

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5 Tennessee Titans - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson - AP will be tempting but they already have Henry and Adams will be the cornerstone of the defense for many years.

Great pick here.

We need another DE to help solidify our line for the future....

Other players to be looked at with this choice would be Adrian Peterson, Quentin Moses, or Laron Landry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: