Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Brilliant Mock Draft.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quietjets

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: My Brilliant Mock Draft. Reply with quote

HA.. It is never easy to be done logically..

Only real life trade; Okam and Brohm return for senior campaign; I am biased so No Hurricanes' player taken in first round.

Few selections may consider "reach", sorry.

edit- I must admit that I have done my homework so poorly. Few people had shared problems with their own teams and I never check it out in old fashioned method.. So I have marked few selections for change. Naturally, I will never get it right

Miami – Cal. Johnson, WR, Ga Tech.

I was thinking about B. Quinn but they have 2 vet qbs in good age and a mobile qb in Lemon. Chambers and Johnson should be a great 1-2 punch among with veresabile Welkers and Vick.

Arizona – Joe Thomas, LT, Wisc.

Best OT to start off for rebuilding OL to help out poor James and leinart.

Detroit – B. Quinn, QB, ND.

Kitna and McCown wont last longer than 2 years. Orkovly has LONG LONG way to learn the NFL.. Quinn has played pro style offense under Weis..

Oakland – A. Branch, DT, Mich.

Owner Davis likes to go after a freakish athletic. Sapp is getting older and needs a real talent in DT to help him out.. Sands is not answer. No Peterson due to Jordan/Fargas; No Gaither due to moving Gallery back to RT(I think).

Cleveland – Ad. Peterson, RB, Okla.

It is foolish to skip the best RB in nation in favor of Droughens/Harrison. Browns need a heavy loading RB to take pressure off Frye.

Tennessee – Q. Moses, DE/OLB, GA.

Moses won my coin flip against Adams. Titans are up to grab the best prospect as they continue rebuilding. Moses will be their best pass rusher since Kearse.

Buffalo – S. Baker, LT, USC.

Bills need to fix OL around RT Peters. I notice that Losman always ran to right not to left. I originally thought of Gaither before I found out about Peters... Baker should be a solid LT for Losman and McGahee.

Washington – G. Adams, DE, Clem.

Redskins need a young sack artist.

Houston – J. Gaither, RT, MD.

It is tempting to take Lynch instead but without a OL, the 1st round investment in rb is unwise... I dont like to take a RT in top 15 but it is Texans. Texans can find a good rb later in the draft, anyhow.

Green Bay – M. Lynch, RB, Cal.

Defense is the major issue for Packers but Lynch can end Packers' worrisome at RB situation for very very long time.

San Francisco – L. Hall, CB, Mich.

There is no legitimate 3-4 DL for that pick so taking best cb Hall to fix the one of the worst passing defense.

Pittsburgh – P. Willis, LB, Ole Miss.

Willis is very strong LB. He will be groomed and gained few pounds before replacing the aging LB.

Tampa Bay – Q. Pitcock, DT, OSU.

Good pentrating and run stopping DT that Bucs seek for defense help. Probably best DT since Sapp. With Willis taken before, I dont think there is any LB that is worth the pick.

Jacksonville – M. Griffin, S, Texas.

They need OL and LB help but I dont like anyone for that pick so they go with BPA.

Kansas City – M. Thomas, DT, Fla.

Obviously, Cheifs need defense help. After seeing them picked Hali last year, I think they will have no problem with picking Thomas.

EDIT- Dallas – J. Blalock, OG, Texas .

Rivera is aging and Cowboys have only one backup G according to NFL depth chart... So it is wise to get Blalock to bolster G for deep. QB is another weak position for Cowboys but Stanton has yet to live up to first round talent as of right now.

EDIT- NY Jets – L. Woodley, OLB, Mich.

Good idea to bring in a young 3-4 pass rushing OLB vet. He is exactly what Jets need to fulfill the overhauling 3-4 defense in no time.

Philadelphia – P. Posluszny, LB, PSU.

One time top 10 prospect falls onto this selection. Eagles will waste no time and take him. He surely will take over WLB that is occupied by McCoy and Barber... I dont think Reid want a first round S.

Carolina – L. Landry, S, LSU.

Safety is Panthers' top priority..

San Diego – T. Ginn Jr., WR, OSU.

Good vertical and speed wr will provide some serious passing game weapon for the strongarmed qb Rivers. WR is their weakest position.

Baltimore – A. Cason, CB, Ariz.

Rolle has shown that he is a slow down cb, not shutdown cb. Cason should be a good pick to keep CB intact.

New England(Sea) – J. Wendling, S, Wy.

Patriots rarely go after BPA. They tend to take unknown prospect if all high-coveted prospects for right value are gone. Wendling is a big safety that runs like every solid safety. Smart and workhard type prospect always strikes Bellicheck. Patriots need to stop relying on Harrison who always hurts.

EDIT- St. Louis – E. Everett, OLB, Fla.

Orginially had Rams taken Okoye before I found out Wroten and Kennedy are still young and good enough to hold the positions so they dont need a first round DT for deep as they need a linebacker help. Everett should be a solid LB opposing or even replacing Witherspoon.

EDIT- Minnesota– D. Jarrett, WR, USC.

I dont like Jarrett but Vikings have almost every position set for next 2 years.. WR corp is deep for vertical and speed but no physical. Jarrett is big dude who has played many many big games... His winning presence should influence the team right.

EDIT- Atlanta – A. Okoye, DT, Louis.

It is exactly what Falcons are hoping for... Young and promising pentrating interior.

Cincinnati – R. Alexander, LB, Okla.

Pollack and Thurman situations have prompted Bengals to take the BPA in the LB department. His recently arrest is no big deal although there was alochol involved. He was charged because he got out of the pulling over by cop car which was violated. No matter what indication or intention would it be.. Rufus did get out of the car to make an attempt to stop his friend, who firstly got out of the car after the driver was under observation by cops, just in case if it got out of control.. It is up to Lewis to buy his story or not... If no then, my alternative is V. Adiamiri, DE, ND.

NY Giants– D. Free, OT, N. Ill.

Giants' OL is very incosistent. Free has potential to play either T.

New England – D.Bazuin, OLB, C. Mich.

A 6 3 270 pass rushing DE that runs sub 4.7.. It may be a reach but Patriots like to get a darkhorse prospect at the bottom of the first round. He will learn how to play OLB.

New Orleans – A. Carriker, DE, Neb.

His size (6 6 295) is an ideal for 3-4 end but he is too athletic to stay put in the line. He can play what Julius Peppers has done for Panthers. He is definitely better than Mario Williams who went to Texans as overall number one pick last year.. Saints need a real LE since departure from oft-injured Howard. Good pick here because he wont be available for their next pick.

Denver – J. Samardzija, WR, ND.

He is an outstanding wr for inside 20 yards of the line of scrimmage which Broncos have trouble to find one... Uncertain status of Walker after this season, aging Smith and developing Watt are powerful reasons to get Samardzija.

Chicago – A. Waters, LB, Clem.

With a concern of possibly departing by Briggs, Bears take the fastest LB available. If Briggs is signed then OG Blalock will do.

Indianapolis – F. Bennett, CB, SC.

Colts are very unhappy with DB corp... Because of the speculation of moving Jackson to S, Colts need to go after a best size/speed combo cb available. Bennett has a real potential to be a shutdown cb.

Last edited by quietjets on Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Atlanta – D. Free, OT, N. Ill.

Unless Mora wants the troubled Safety Merriweather to upgrade their DB, Free is a good pick to fill in LT.

we won't take OL in the first round. Free is too tall for Vick anyway. we would go with a DE like Carriker, a DT like Tank Tyler or a S like Merriweather or Rouse here.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: My Brilliant Mock Draft. Reply with quote

quietjets wrote:

Cincinnati – R. Alexander, LB, Okla.

Pollack and Thurman situations have prompted Bengals to take the BPA in the LB department.

The Thurman situation is exactly why the Bengals will NOT draft Rufus Alexander. He just got arrested recently. Based on who is left, the Bengals would probably go with Tank Tyler, Eric Weddle, or maybe a DE.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charger pick is very good.
BrownsFan731

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cleveland – Ad. Peterson, RB, Okla.

It is foolish to skip the best RB in nation in favor of Droughens/Norwood. Browns need a heavy loading RB to take pressure off Frye.

I agree, but Norwood plays for the Falcons. We took Jerome Harrison last year.

Sig Courteous of ElipticDawg

Love University of Kentucky sports? Check out KentuckyInk.com, ESPN affiliate
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles don;t need a linebacker, give us landry there.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Enrage

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Minnesota– E. Everett, OLB, Fla.

Probably one of few lbs that run faster and he has good size 6 3 235... Vikings need to improve on LB immediately... Greenway will return from leg injury that knocked him out for a season and Harris is below average lber.

Honestly, the next time I see a mock with the Vikings picking a LB, I'm going to take a sledgehammer to my computer. The Vikings do not need a LB especially an OLB. The Vikings have Greenway, Leber, and EJ Henderson. Henderson has really come to his own this year, Leber has been called the "face behind the defense," plus Greenway looked really got before he got hurt.

Harris is NOT a below average LBer. But even if he was, he is our MLB, so why we we draft an OLB if our MLB sucked? If Samardzija is on the board, look for him to be drafted here.

The Mιgane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tennessee – Q. Moses, DE/OLB, GA.

Moses won my coin flip against Adams. Titans are up to grab the best prospect as they continue rebuilding. Moses will be their best pass rusher since Kearse

Good pick.

I'm still unsure if we would choose Moses over Adams though.

We need a defensive end that will be a great pass rusher but will still be able to play the run very well as well...

Is Moses more qualified with those characteristics then Adams?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT could actually be the one of the rams not needs we have Wroten and Jimmy for the future

Everett would be a better choice to play SLB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, no more LBs for the Cowboys. We are absolutely loaded at that position and young as well. Our last two first round picks have been LBs. Since Quinn is off the board (dang), give us the BPA at OL or WR. Levi Brown, Ted Ginn, or my personal preference, Samardzija for the 'Boys.

I'm assuming you don't have Jarrett declaring.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Miami pick.

Dolphins Fan
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea who either of those Pats picks are. Confused

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Vikings101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the Vikings pick, I think Everett is too small to play MLB and we already have solid OLBs. Rather have Zach Miller if you have him declaring.

Sig by chief_fan822003
daching36

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: dallas pick Reply with quote

parcells ant gonna take another lb in the draft if our 18 overall pick in the first round last year from ohio st. cant even dress for a game this season plus we got ware, ayodele, james, and ellis at our starting lb spots we should probley be looking at brian brohm, drew stanton, leon hall, michael griffin, or justin blalock but thats my opnnion but your mock is pretty decent Very Happy

MBIII for President

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101461 = my mock
ensman13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we got Peterson or Gaither, I'm fine

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
The Declaration of Independence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: