Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Spilltray's 2007 Mock Draft Version 2.3 (3rd rounds)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titansfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
Quote:
7 - Tennessee Titans - Dewayne Jarrett - WR - USC

Bad pick for the Titans.

People don't understand that we don't need a WR. We have a ton of young players for the future on our roster right now. Calvin Johnson would just be to good to pass on and that's why we would take him but other then that I don't think that we will take a WR in the 1st round...

Better picks would be either AP or Gaines Adams..

Quote:
7 - Tennessee Titans - Rufus Alexander - LB - Oklahoma

Another bad choice.

Our LB position might be solified for the future if Stephen Tulloch pans out for us so that we have him, Bulluck, and Thornton for the future...

Better picks would be Daymeion Hughes, Aaron Rouse, or Darrelle Revis.

I'm sorry but if you're saying we don't need a Wide Receiver then we won't take Johnson either. However, I don't think we are set at Receiver... I mean we haven't had a one hundrer yard Receiver yet and as good as Jones is doing I still don't think he will be a true number one Receiver. He will be a very good number two Receiver though. It all depends on if Givens does anything this season or not.

I agree with you on the second pick though.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branch would be an infinately better pick than Pitcock for the Bengals in the first round. Decent second round pick.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bronco pick doesn't make sense unless the kid from Fresno can play safety. The cornerbacks are set with Bailey, Darrent Williams (who is vastly underrated), Dominque Foxworth, and Karl Paymah. The 2nd round pick is good as that meets a need. In the first look either Safety or OT.
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first round pick for Miami, but we would draft Long from Michigan than Semadjia(sp?)

Dolphins Fan
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tweaked the first two rounds based on previous comments, and added in the third round.

Input?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see Denver ending the season bad enough to be 15 overall. Gaither is way to big for the zone blocking scheme. I like Harrel I don;t know much bout robinson. Gattis would be nice in 3rd round

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
I cant see Denver ending the season bad enough to be 15 overall. Gaither is way to big for the zone blocking scheme. I like Harrel I don;t know much bout robinson. Gattis would be nice in 3rd round

Ok, I'm going to ignore the question on the number of the pick. That got very little thought on my part. I see Denver with a QB situation I think may switch and I project them to the middle of the round.

As far as Gaither, there is no such thing as too big for the ZBS, only too stiff/slow. This guy is the next in the line of Maryland athletic freaks. Gaither may be 6'9" 350, but he can run a 4.8 sec 40 yard dash. He is fast and athletic enough to work in the system without sacrificing the size. I understand you use the ZBS and don't traditionally draft OL very high, but it's better to be right than consistent.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BrownsFan731

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Okoye in the 3rd instead, and I'll walk away a happy man.

Sig Courteous of ElipticDawg

Love University of Kentucky sports? Check out KentuckyInk.com, ESPN affiliate
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
16 - Atlanta Falcons - Prescott Burgess - LB - Michigan

please actually do some research on your picks we have no need for a linebacker at all.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Quote:

please actually do some research on your picks we have no need for a linebacker at all.

Well, as I looked through it, it looked like there were depth issues, as well as age and injury. As one of the higher rated players on my board at that point, it seemed a good decision.

That doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it. I did my research and just because I came up with different conclusions from you, doesn't mean those conclusions are necessarily wrong.
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like this GB draft.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Quote:

Well, as I looked through it, it looked like there were depth issues, as well as age and injury. As one of the higher rated players on my board at that point, it seemed a good decision.

That doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it. I did my research and just because I came up with different conclusions from you, doesn't mean those conclusions are necessarily wrong.

depth age and injury? our top 6 linebackers are Keith Brooking (30), Ed Hartwell (2Cool, Michael Boley (24), Ike Reese (33), Jordan Beck (23) and Demorrio Williams (26). just because they aren't all household names doesn't mean that they are bad players. Atlanta is at least 2 deep at all 3 linebacker spots. again we have no need for a damn linebacker, and I guarundamntee that McKay doesn't take one this year (that is unless we somehow trade Demorrio Williams for a high pick). And again, with only 1 guy over 30, age isn't an issue, and with us being 2 deep at the 3 linebacker spots, depth isn't an issue either. If you want positions that we may draft they are: DE, DT, S, TE, OG, OC, RB (2nd day), and possibly WR if there is one that is the absolute BPA at the spot.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excluding the Kyle Young pick, this is the worst Cards draft I've seen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Excluding the Kyle Young pick, this is the worst Cards draft I've seen.

And again, this helps nothing at all.
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the second Miami would take Stanton...but no way he falls that far

FF Member #67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: