Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

only 1 round
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: only 1 round Reply with quote

Based on FF Power Rankings. I haven't done one in a few weeks so I'm rusty. No trades so some picks might be reaches.
Round 1

1. Miami Dolphins- Joe Thomas OT, Wisconsin. Some say he's better than D'Brick. They can use all the OL help they can get.
2. Oakland Raiders- Calvin Johnson WR, Georgia Tech. This kid is a beast and he can become the leader on the Raiders. Maybe after drafting him they ship Moss or Porter out for a pick.
3. Arizona Cardinals- LaRon Landy S, LSU. They need some1 to take over for Griffith.(They would prob trade down but im not doing trades)
4. Detroit Lions- Gaines Adams DE, Clemson. Marinelli needs playmakers on defense so he adds his Simeon Rice. You have young QBs that need a chance to develop.
5. Cleveland Browns- Adrian Peterson RB, Oklahoma. They take the BPA who will take a load off of Charlie's shoulders.
6. Tennessee Titans- Antoine Cason CB, Arizona. They need someone opposite Pac Man, missed out on CJ and Gaines Adams.
7. Buffalo Bills- Jared Gaither OT, Maryland. They get a freak T to protect Losman and pave the way for McGahee.
8. Denver Broncos(via Washington Redskins)- Quentin Moses DE, Georgia. Him and Dumervil wreak havoc.
9. Green Bay Packers- Marshawn Lynch RB, California. Say goodbye to the RB woes.
10. San Francisco 49ers- Dwayne Jarrett WR, USC. The offense will be scary.
11. Houston Texans- Michael Griffen S, Texas. Could be better than Huff. Either way Texans need secondary help.
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Paul Posluzsny LB, Penn State. They need someone to replace Neece and takeover for DB soon.
13. Pittsburgh Steelers- Patrick Willis LB, Ole Miss. Farrior is 32 and is showing signs of his age.
14. Kansas City Chiefs- Leon Hall CB, Michigan. Herm's gonna go for defense.
15. Dallas Cowboys- Brady Quinn QB, Notre Dame. Somehow the first QB taken is at 15.
16. New York Jets- Alan Branch DT, Michigan. Can play anywhere on the line and will make an immediate impact.
17. Jacksonville Jaguars- LaMarr Woodley DE, Michigan. Imagine how the defense will be with a good DE.
18. Philadelphia Eagles- Aaron Rouse S, Virginia Tech. Merriweather's stock takes a huge hit so they take Rouse.
19. Minnesota Vikings- Ted Ginn Jr. WR, Ohio State.
20. New England Patriots(via Seattle Seahawks)- H.B. Blades LB, Pittsburgh. He's going to be a beast and the LBs are old.
21. St. Louis Rams- Lawrence Jackson DE, USC. Leonard Little is old, don't know how much longer he can go.
22. Baltimore Ravens- Brian Brohm QB, Louisville. McNair's got a year or two and Boller didn't work out. He'll be better than Quinn.
23. Carolina Panthers- Tom Zbikowski S, Notre Dame. Minter is old and the other safety isnt great.
24. Cincinnati Bengals- Rufus Alexander LB Oklahom. Injuries and off the field problems leave holes.
25. Atlanta Falcons- Frank Okam DT, Texas. D-line is more important than the secondary.
26. San Diego Chargers- Buster Davis LB, Florida State. Donnie and Foley are old, Merriman's on roids.
27. New York Giants- Kenny Irons RB, Auburn. Tiki is retiring and they may have found themselves a steal.
28. New Orleans Saints- Darelle Revis CB, Pittsburgh. Picking at 28 would be a huge surprise.
29. New England Patriots- Brian Smith OLB Missouri. They need a pass rusher and they can afford to take him here.
30. Washington Redskins(via Denver Broncos)- Marcus McCauley CB, Fresno State. Instead of picking top 10 they get dropped down here. That hurts.
31. Indianapolis Colts- Daymeion Hughes CB, California. Big play guy that will help the defense. Peyton needs a ring.
32. Chicago Bears- Zach Miller TE, Arizona State. Why not give Rex a reliable target?

i was going to do 3 rounds but i don't think this mock was good at all. rip me apart so i can fix it up for 3 rounds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Miami Dolphins- Joe Thomas OT, Wisconsin. Some say he's better than D'Brick. They can use all the OL help they can get.

you dont take a OT 1st overall, we would trade back or take Calvin Johnson
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time you take a linemen first overall is when the draft is very weak and an Orlando Pace or Johnathon Ogden is in it. The pick is clearly Calvin Johnson.

Dolphins Fan
vike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think thats the right pick for the dolphins
and i like the vikings pick
Jeremy81

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the broncos are only allowed to trade picks with us if the distance between the two is equivelant to a third round pick...so that wouldn't happen...mccauley wouldn't fall that far either IMO
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect PAckers pick. Now give GB Merriweather in RD2 and it would be perfect!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettWolfe wrote:
The only time you take a linemen first overall is when the draft is very weak and an Orlando Pace or Johnathon Ogden is in it. The pick is clearly Calvin Johnson.

i was debating which one but OT is much more imporant i think.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6. Tennessee Titans- Antoine Cason CB, Arizona. They need someone opposite Pac Man, missed out on CJ and Gaines Adams.

Bad pick for the Titans.

If we wanted to take a CB here then we would go with Leon Hall. He is a better overall corner then Cason...

I would rather see us take Quentin Moses though so we will have another DE to play on the other side of Kyle Vanden Bosch and help out our pass rush.

We could find help in the secondary in the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a shame we missed out on Gaines but I dont think we get Moses. He is too undisciplined and over purses too much. I think we would get Jarrett there. Rod will probably retire very soon and Walker can't do it alone. If we go DE I like Woodley here. another possibility is S, we could get Landry. DT is another option. In conclusion: great position not so good candidate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Vikings pick, but we already have a burner in Troy Williamson and we need somebody with good hands. Better options for us would be trading up and getting Jarrett or Willis or trading down and getting Miller.

Sig by chief_fan822003
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: only 1 round Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

29. New England Patriots- Brian Smith OLB Missouri. They need a pass rusher and they can afford to take him here.
Brick wall

please read this

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85216

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
ensman13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Peterson, but it would be sweet if we could pick up Gaither, then get Michael Bush in the 2nd

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
The Declaration of Independence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lions pick, perfect reasoning.
VTViking56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Vikings pick. They need offensive playmakers, Ginn fits that.
John232

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a chance the niners could be trading for two first rounders while retaining a second. if the niners have two first rounders, i can gaurntee you, the first pick will be defense, second first rounder would be a WR, and the early second would be a 3-4 End or OLB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: