Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2007 NFL Mock Draft - ** CORRECT Draft Order 10/30/06 **
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkinsDraftGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: 2007 NFL Mock Draft - ** CORRECT Draft Order 10/30/06 ** Reply with quote

I give explination of first 15 picks in the Draft.

1. Cardinals (1-7) - Joe Thomas OT Wisconson
(The Cardinals in this position would most likely trade the #1 overall pick seeing how they would go after Joe Thomas, although he is not worth the #1 overall pick. I see them auctioning off the pick for a guarntee at getting Calvin Johnson, but for the sake of the mock draft I have the Cardinals getting Joe Thomas.)

2. Dolphins (1-6) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
(Dolphins would be happy to take Calvin Johnson here if the Cardinals don't trade the #1 overall pick to a team that wants Johnson. Chambers and Johnson would give the Dolphins the more offensive fire power that they have been looking for.)

3. Lions (1-6) - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
(The Lions #1 need is in the offensive line, but with Matt Millen calling the shots, he likes to go after the big name skill players. Look for the Lions to get their franchise quarterback in Brady Quinn.)

4. Raiders (2-5) - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
(The Raiders in this position would grab Adrian Peterson. L. Jordan isn't doing much this season, how could you blame him with the atrocious offensive line. Although, Al Davis is still the owner and will go after Peterson.)

5. 49ers (2-5) - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
(Last year the niners took Manny Lawson with their second first round pick to help out the defense. I see the niners going after an elite pass rusher in Gaines Adams to add a real threat to the defense.)

6. Titans (2-5) - Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
(With a pressing need at WR this will give Vince Young a #1 reciever to throw the ball downfield too and open up the titans offense to gain a lot of respect around the NFL.)

7. Texans (2-5) - Leon Hall CB Michigan
(The texans would take Leon Hall in this position, giving them an elite corner to help shutdown the likes of M. Harrison in their division. Leon Hall is the best corner in the draft and the Texans can't help but smile to grab him here.)

8. Browns (2-5) - Quentin Moses DE Georgia
(The Browns need help on defense and I think getting a stud at DE is where they would go with this pick. The Browns will finally get an elite pass rusher to help pressure the QB.)

9. Bills (2-5) - Brian Brohm QB Loisville
(Assuming of course that Brian Brohm decides to come out with the junior class, the Bills will give up on J.P Lossman and get their franchise QB in Brohm.)

10. Buccaneers (2-5) - Paul Posluszny LB Penn St.
(The Buccaneers need a stud Linebacker to help stop the run. Derrik Brooks isn't getting much younger and the Buccaneers will take Paul Posluszny.)

11. Redskins (2-5) - Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St.
(The Redskins despite drafting high in the secondary with 1st round picks in recent years of Carlos Rogers and Sean Taylor, they need another CB that can help in the passing game. McCauley is the 2nd best CB in this draft and I see the Redskins jumping on this pick immediately.)

12. Steelers (2-5) - Marshawn Lynch RB California
(Willie Parker is no doubt a NFL Running back, but with the loss of Bettis and no depth to speak of behind parker, I see the steelers taking Lynch here.)

13. Packers (3-4) - Dwayne Jarrett WR USC
(The Packers send their draft card up to the podium without hesitation, grabbing Dwayne Jarrett would do a lot of good for this organization and do nothing but make Brett Favre happy if he decides to stay another season. Donald Driver isn't getting any younger so bringing in a deep threat like Jarrett would only make this team better.)

14. Jets (4-4) - Alan Branch DT Michigan
(The Jets need help on the defensive side of the football. Some will be chanting for them to take a RB here but I think there is a more pressing need for a big run stopper that they will get in Branch.)

15. Eagles (4-4) - LaMarr Woodley DE Michigan
(Kearse is starting to be injury prone and I think the Eagles will go after Woodley here)

16. Panthers (4-4)- LaRon Landry FS L.S.U

17. Rams (4-3) - Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss

18. Bengals (4-3) - Quinn Pitcock DT Ohio State

19. Chiefs (4-3) - Sidney Rice WR South Carlolina

20. Jaguars (4-3) - Buster Davis LB Florida St.

21. Cowboys (4-3) - Justin Blalock OG Texas

22. Patriots (/SEA) (4-3) - Jeff Samardzija WR Notre Dame

23. Vikings (4-2) - Zach Miller TE Arizona St.
(Don't tell me Vikings fans don't want a player with good hands that can actually catch)

24. Falcons (5-2) - Michael Griffon FS Texas

25. Saints (5-2) - Rufus Alexander LB Oklahoma

26. Ravens (5-2) - Drew Stanton QB Michigan St.

27. Chargers (5-2) - Sam Baker OT USC

28. Broncos (5-2) - Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame

29. Giants (5-2) - Michael Bush RB Loisville

30. Patriots (5-1) - Eric Weddle S Utah

31. Colts (7-0) - Aaron Rouse SS Virginia Tech

32. Bears (7-0) - Greg Olsen TE Miami

Last edited by SkinsDraftGuru on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oaktown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for the Raiders
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baker would probably play OG for us since we already have Olivea and McNeil as tackles signed longterm. I don't really see any reason to draft a guard in the 1st.
SkinsDraftGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:
Baker would probably play OG for us since we already have Olivea and McNeil as tackles signed longterm. I don't really see any reason to draft a guard in the 1st.

Who do you suggest I have the chargers drafting?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2007 NFL Mock Draft - ** CORRECT Draft Order 10/30/06 * Reply with quote

SkinsDraftGuru wrote:

(Willie Parker is no doubt a NFL Running back, but with the loss of Bettis and no depth to speak of behind parker, I see the steelers taking Lynch here.)

Probably the 2nd to worst position you could have the Steelers picking...QB being the worst....meaning making no sense at all based on need. You don't spend the #12 pick on the draft on a BACKUP. Willie is in his 2nd year as a starter, doing good, and is only 25 years old. It doesn't do much good to have 2 star RBs if your O Line sucks. Steelers would take O Line, LB, or WR here (WR being a distant 3rd).

As bad as the Steelers' pick was, your Vikings' pick is just as good lol. Perfect pick for the Vikes there. WR is another strong option for them there...they need better receiving targets, be it WR or TE.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think the Chargers highest priority will be looking for a linebacker to replace Donnie Edwards. The Chargers also need a ballhawk safety, and they could use a deep threat reciever.

The Chargers also could look to add guard, but I don't think that it will be a concern for the first round.
Blknite01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington would pick ahead of Tampa Bay.

Also if NE wins we pick ahead of Buffalo.
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Miami pick

Dolphins Fan
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6. Titans (2-5) - Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
(With a pressing need at WR this will give Vince Young a #1 reciever to throw the ball downfield too and open up the titans offense to gain a lot of respect around the NFL.)

Bad pick for Tennessee...

We don't need a WR unless we are getting Calvin Johnson and that's just because he is too good of a player to pass on...

Better picks would be Quentin Moses or Laron Landry.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2007 NFL Mock Draft - ** CORRECT Draft Order 10/30/06 * Reply with quote

Jayme96 wrote:
SkinsDraftGuru wrote:

Probably the 2nd to worst position you could have the Steelers picking...QB being the worst....meaning making no sense at all based on need. You don't spend the #12 pick on the draft on a BACKUP. Willie is in his 2nd year as a starter, doing good, and is only 25 years old. It doesn't do much good to have 2 star RBs if your O Line sucks. Steelers would take O Line, LB, or WR here (WR being a distant 3rd).

As bad as the Steelers' pick was, your Vikings' pick is just as good lol. Perfect pick for the Vikes there. WR is another strong option for them there...they need better receiving targets, be it WR or TE.

I disagree. Another RB would be good but I think a more punishing back would be better. Wilie does not consistantly gain yards against decent Ds and seems to just break off a few good runs. Not sure if Lynch could be that good inside runner but a RB is not out of the question

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns drafted Kamerion Wimbley in the first round last year. Therefore, the Browns will not go for a OLB in the first round this year, I doubt that they will at all on day one of the draft.

Cleveland's biggest needs:

LT
NT
3-4 DE
RB
G
irishgiantfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the g-men probably won't take Bush because they have Jacobs and they're the same kind of runner
SkinsDraftGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if I give the Giants Marshawn Lynch and have the steelers getting Michael Bush giving them a good power back to compliment Willie Parker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitcock is aight.
TRUTH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the eagles would take landry with out hesitation if hes still there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: