Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Between Eagles and Cardinals, would you do it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Trade Between Eagles and Cardinals, would you do it? Reply with quote

Lets say Braylon or Mike Williams were still on the board at #8 how would this trade sound?

Cardinals send #8 Overall (1400) and LJ Shelton to Philadelphia for #31 (600), #35 (550), #94 (124) and Corey Simon? The Eagles could get rid of Simon's salary (he wants a long term deal anyway) and get one of the top wideouts to play with TO. They also have 12 draft picks, so that wouldn't be a big loss to give up 3 draft choices.

The Cardinals would move down, select a CB like Fabian Washington or Justin Miller. Draft Jason Campbell with the #35 pick, draft someone like Adam Terry or Elton Brown with the 44th pick in the second round. In the third round they could select a good TE, another CB, and trade one of the 3rd rounders (they'd have 3 of them) to Minnesota for Michael Bennett. Plus they get a Simon to put next to Dockett. Their line would be very good with Berry and Okeafor. Seems to work to me. Would you do it?
thefleckster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cardinals would make off like bandits if this were to happen. But you never know. Anything is possible.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that it is a good deal for the Cards, but then again, it's not bad for the Eagles. They finally get a guy who can team with TO which will make McNabb better as well. They also get a good OT to add depth or push for a starting spot.[/quote]
Superfreak842

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont see those 2 available at 8
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a hypothetical. It could happen though (either Williams or Edwards being left at 8, especially if the Vikes went with Merriman).
wynalda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Between Eagles and Cardinals, would you do it? Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Lets say Braylon or Mike Williams were still on the board at #8 how would this trade sound?

Cardinals send #8 Overall (1400) and LJ Shelton to Philadelphia for #31 (600), #35 (550), #94 (124) and Corey Simon? The Eagles could get rid of Simon's salary (he wants a long term deal anyway) and get one of the top wideouts to play with TO. They also have 12 draft picks, so that wouldn't be a big loss to give up 3 draft choices.

The Cardinals would move down, select a CB like Fabian Washington or Justin Miller. Draft Jason Campbell with the #35 pick, draft someone like Adam Terry or Elton Brown with the 44th pick in the second round. In the third round they could select a good TE, another CB, and trade one of the 3rd rounders (they'd have 3 of them) to Minnesota for Michael Bennett. Plus they get a Simon to put next to Dockett. Their line would be very good with Berry and Okeafor. Seems to work to me. Would you do it?
...we dont want or need your lt....i think a 31 and 35 gets us whoever we want. throw out the past years draft value charts. remember everyone is agreeing that the top 10 is weak . if i am sf miami or clevaland i take a 31 and a 35 for my top 3 pick.
RyanW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Between Eagles and Cardinals, would you do it? Reply with quote

wynalda wrote:
. if i am sf miami or clevaland i take a 31 and a 35 for my top 3 pick.

And thats why you arent an NFL Coach or GM. To say that the top 3 picks are only worth the 31st and 35 is silly in the extreme. You STILL have players in this draft like Edwards, Brown, Williams, Benson. Those guys are easily worth the first 3 picks. I think people get too hung up in comparisons. 'Oh, this draft sucks compared to last years' Possibly. Matter of fact, almost probably. However, its this years draft you have to worry about, not last years. For my money, I would much rather see my team (the Dolphins) take Brown or Edwards with the second pick, then [inappropriate/removed] it away with yet another late first round pick. I believe (and this is only my opinion) that Brown, Edwards and Williams are special players.

You can cite history either way. 'When was the last time a early first round running back did anyting? Then why would you want one?' or you can go the other way and say 'Most of the Dolphins (my team, using them as an example) late 1st round picks of the last 6 years have sucked.'

So I will take the crap shoot and want them to stay at 2.

Not saying I am right. Not saying you are either. Just saying its all opinion.
Montana168

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the eagles do that their going to be in the same position as the niners are rite now. after one season T.O. will complain bcuz his numbers dropped and he isnt getting the ball every down. he will do the same thing he did to san fran , demand a trade. you may laugh at that but that is what will happen. if the eagles trade up and get mike williams expect T.O. to be gone the following season.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles no. Cardinals yes.
SilverStar

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could see both teams doing this. the eagles can still get some more 2nd and third rounders by packaging their many later round picks, and the cards don't really have a need for just a top 10 pick. the cards would have 3 picks in 10 places at the end of the first. the eagles are also still plentiful with picks, and get another wideout.
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say the Cardinals would get the better off that trade and it isnt like we are willing to give up our starter at DT for a backup OT. seems abit stupid.

if we take the players out of that draft and add another 6th rounder from the eagles i could see it happening, wouldnt mind it aswell, if either Mike Williams, Braylon or even DJ was there i think we should, its not like we need all the 13 picks we have anyway.

Also wynalda, can you not post stuff like that i say your an Eagles fan cos it makes the rest of us look dumb lol. San Diego and Dallas probably couldnt even get the no.3 pick with both of their first rounders. Even though its weak, the players at the top are still great prospects. might not be as good as last year but we cant compare them because last year was a great class thats why this one seems so sub-par.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the Cardinals would get the steal of this deal. But, it is realistic.
FF Member #1000
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am the Eagles, I would rather trade Simon or both my number two picks to the Colts for Edge. With Edge in fold, you have two excellent receiving backs, have a workhorse RB and a change of pace back. If they are resigned to Simon leaving next year anyway, Edge carries little risk. Only catch is you have to sign him which wont be cheap. Eagles could easily play both backs at same time with their receiving skills.

For Colts, Simon is their kind of lineman, one who they talked about going after if he wasnt franchised. The two picks in the second would bring you a Morency or Fason to plug in with Rhodes trying to replace Edge and probably a defensive starter as well.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyFan wrote:
i would say the Cardinals would get the better off that trade and it isnt like we are willing to give up our starter at DT for a backup OT. seems abit stupid.

if we take the players out of that draft and add another 6th rounder from the eagles i could see it happening, wouldnt mind it aswell, if either Mike Williams, Braylon or even DJ was there i think we should, its not like we need all the 13 picks we have anyway.

Also wynalda, can you not post stuff like that i say your an Eagles fan cos it makes the rest of us look dumb lol. San Diego and Dallas probably couldnt even get the no.3 pick with both of their first rounders. Even though its weak, the players at the top are still great prospects. might not be as good as last year but we cant compare them because last year was a great class thats why this one seems so sub-par.

Well, Shelton could end up being a starter, he's got the skills. Simon should be gone next year, unless you want to play the franchise game for another year, which would be more expensive than just giving the guy a new contract. Might as well get something for him, besides, he's a bit of an underachiever.

As for just a 6th rounder to make the deal? That's insane. If I remember correctly, the difference in the trade values was about 400 points, or roughly the 43rd or 44th overall pick. Plus, in this scenario, the Cards would hold the cards (pun intended). Any team wanting to move up that much would have to make it worth while for them to move that far down.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Between Eagles and Cardinals, would you do it? Reply with quote

RyanW wrote:
You can cite history either way. 'When was the last time a early first round running back did anyting? Then why would you want one?' or you can go the other way and say 'Most of the Dolphins (my team, using them as an example) late 1st round picks of the last 6 years have sucked.'

how about ladainian tomlinson picked at #5 in 2001.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: