Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

a note of thanks for, and to, our community
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: a note of thanks for, and to, our community Reply with quote

hopefully the mods will allow this to stand alone for others to add to....

as we head in to what for some of us is the 12th NFL Draft we have experienced together as Viking fans, i would like to express my personal thanks and admiration for the power of our online community. the fellowship we have found through discussions, analyses, debates, and good humor has been rewarding in far more ways that just the enhancement of football knowledge.

in today's contentious world, where members of society all too often find themselves insulting and disrespecting each other with fervor, i find it heartwarming how we can respect each other here, even with differences of opinion, and even more so since we have never met, or even spoken with each other.

it is a testament to the power of community that has brought us together that we make use of the diversity between us, and the differences of desires and opinions, to form a better functioning aggregate. we are told regularly by visiting weekly fanbases that the Viking forum at FF is one of the site's best, made up of members who welcome others and fight for the common fun of football, instead of each other.

i wish all of us the best of excitement going in to this final Draft week, and for the simple, childish joys that come from the opening of new presents!

Applause Applause Applause

"Glove the one you're with."
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, VD. Looking forward to another successful draft. The mock drafting, internet scouting, and day time excitement were the reasons I originally signed up on this site (lurked during the 2006 draft and joined later in the year).

It's an excellent time to be a part of FF.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great words VD. I love being able to be a small part of this community, and it actually has been a great support to me regardless of what alias I happen to have been using since 2007. As a displaced Minnesotan and Viking fan in the military, one constant I've always had , whether it has been when I was in college, Afganistan, Germany, or any of the other places across the US and world that I've been, I always know that I can hop online and get a taste of home, and a feeling of community and camaraderie.

The draft is always one of my favorite times of year, and I love being able to be around people who have their own unique views and personalities, and getting to share in the fun that being a fan of this team brings.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
Boda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely loved this place since 2004 when I had a different username. The fact that we can have actual discussions without resorting to name calling or any other numerous insult when we have differing opinions is a huge selling point. My entire time here ive never felt like my opinion didnt matter even if a lot of you are more know knowledgeable. So for that thank you everyone here
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like this week may be FF Thanksgiving Very Happy

The level of discussion here is certainly something to be thankful for.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
...I originally signed up on this site (lurked during the 2006 draft and joined later in the year).

and that's an important point to make...

for those of you out there lurking without being a full member, and maybe have even been doing so for years, now's the time to actually sign up and take a username of your own. it takes 2-3 days for the site admin to sign up a new member applying, so if you want to be in the discussions on Draft Day, better get to it soon!

we love the new energy and ideas of new members, so grab an oar and come on board!

Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like about being on this forum is the balance between obvious passion, but also the respect that is generally shown to each other. This is an unusual group, as VD intimated, in today's contentious society.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
What I like about being on this forum is the balance between obvious passion, but also the respect that is generally shown to each other. This is an unusual group, as VD intimated, in today's contentious society.

I also love the knowledge and differing opinions. There a lot of members on here who really know there stuff and I love being able to discuss things with educated fans.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great place. Very few things I stick with for over 10 years, but this place is one of the few I still keep coming back to.

People are great, opinions and news is usually spot on, and its just one of the best places to have discussions with others that don't turn into circle jerk back and forth arguments.

Some posters have come and gone over the years, but there always seems to be a couple great new posters that join almost every year to keep the discussions going.

At this point, I value the football discussion/info that takes place on this site more than I do pretty much anywhere else. I feel like enough of the posters here truly care about football and have a much better grasp on true football evaluation in general than any media outlets offer.

So thanks to everyone for the awesome content. Keep it up!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ares Caesar wrote:
Very few things I stick with for over 10 years,

i'm sure your wife finds that touching.

Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Ares Caesar wrote:
Very few things I stick with for over 10 years,

i'm sure your wife finds that touching.

We're only 3 years in, I'll let you know how she feels about it in another 7. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Team!

you guys are great. Thank you all. Smile

Live Free. Think Free. Love Free
Velkommen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
...I originally signed up on this site (lurked during the 2006 draft and joined later in the year).

and that's an important point to make...

for those of you out there lurking without being a full member, and maybe have even been doing so for years, now's the time to actually sign up and take a username of your own. it takes 2-3 days for the site admin to sign up a new member applying, so if you want to be in the discussions on Draft Day, better get to it soon!

we love the new energy and ideas of new members, so grab an oar and come on board!

Vikings fans seem to form great communities wherever we go, and I certainly spend at least an hour on this site every day while at work.

I suppose I should start lurking less and posting more.

Well said VD!
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined the forum knowing everything about the NFL to currently knowing nothing haha. It really has been a great experience and I look forward to what the future holds.
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF and this Vikings forum have been there for me during some rough times.

Even though it's the internet, I feel as if I have many "friends" here on this site.

Thanks y'all. Only a few more days until draftnik Christmas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: