Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BWGs - I am over it - Mock 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: BWGs - I am over it - Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

Vikings In House Moves
Resigned
RB Matt Asiata
FB Zach Line
WR Adam Thielen
TE Rhett Ellison
DE Justin Trattou
LB Chad Greenway
LB Audie Cole
CB Terence Newman
CB Marcus Sherels
S Andrew Sendejo

Not returning
OG Mike Harris, Outbid
-Vikings make an attempt to bring back Mike but in the end they can only offer a competition and less money.

WR Mike Wallace, Released
-The two sides could not come to an agreement on a restructure.

C John Sullivan, Retire
-He is not able to get his body to where it needs to be and opts to call it quits.

LB Brandon Watts, final cuts
-He seems to always be in the dog house or the odd guy out.

P Jeff Locke, first cuts
-He gets beat out by a bigger leg.

Free Agency
With big money needed in the near future Vikings elect to stay in house, play for the comp pick in '17 after losing out on Harris and focus on the draft.

Draft - Vikings trade w/Rams Vikings picks 1.23 ,2.55(1110pts) FOR Rams picks 2.45, 2.47, 3.79, 5.143(1109.5pts)
-Los Angeles wants to move up and grab the next available QB resulting in the Vikings being the perfect trade partner. I know Rick values the 5th year option but I decided to go with the ten draft picks philosophy instead.

2.13 - Tyler Boyd, WR -
-Boyd has shown an ability to go up and get the ball using his superb hand eye coordination and strong hands, he attacks the ball well and is able to create separation which is exactly what we lack and what Teddy needs

2.15 - Vadal Alexander, OG -
-Gives us a big, powerful, versitile lineman capable of playing multiple positions, he steps in at LG right away.

3.15 - Jerald Hawkins, OT -
-Spielman double dips into the LSU linemen pool and grabs Hawkins, an athletic tackle with the feet to play on the left side giving us a solid back up plan for when kalil fails.

3.23 - Karl Joseph, S -
-Injury pushes him down a bit but he offers much better tackling and coverage skills then Sendejo , he doesn't have the most ideal size but he is very physical and plays bigger then he looks.

4.23 - KeiVarae Russell, CB -
-Possess all the athletic ability you could ask for but due to the academic suspension and late injury he gets pushed down the board, provides us depth and our future slot back after Munnerlynn.

5.15 - Cassanova McKinzy, LB -
-Gives us a versatile linebacker, with good size, capable of playing all three spots but excels most at coming downhill and stopping the run.

5.23 - Hassan Ridgeway, DT -
-Big, strong tackle capable of taking on double teams, collapsing the pocket and is stout against the run.

6.6 - Kyle Carter, TE -
-Gives us that utility TE we lost in Ellison who is capable of lining up at H-back, blocking and receiving.

7.19 - Drew Kaser, P -
-Has a big leg, something Locke doesn't.

7.23 - Jacoby Brissett, QB -
-Camp arm to push Heinicke, if both show promise Hill could be a late cut with Brissett going to the PS.

Depth Chart
QB: Teddy Bridgewater | Shaun Hill
RB: Adrian Peterson | Jerick McKinnon | Matt Asiata
FB: Zach Line
TE: Kyle Rudolph | MyCole Pruitt | Kyle Carter
WR: Stefon Diggs | Tyler Boyd | Jarius Wright | Adam Thielen | Charles Johnson | Cordarrelle Patterson
LT: Matt Kalil | Jerald Hawkins
LG: Vadal Alexander
OC: Joe Berger | Nick Easton
RG: Brandon Fusco | Jeremiah Sirles
RT: TJ Clemmings | Austin Shepherd

RE: Everson Griffen | Justin Trattou
UT: Sharrif Floyd | Tom Johnson
NT: Linval Joseph | Shamar Stephen | Hassan Ridgeway
LE: Brian Robison | Danielle Hunter | Scott Crichton
WB: Chad Greenway | Cassanova McKinzy
MB: Eric Kendricks | Audie Cole
SB: Anthony Barr | Edmond Robinson
RC: Xavier Rhodes | Captain Munnerlyn | KeiVarae Russell
FS: Harrison Smith | Anthony Harris
SS: Andrew Sendejo | Karl Joseph
LC: Tre Waynes | Terence Newman | Marcus Sherels

P: Drew Kaser
K: Blair Walsh
LS: Kevin McDermott

PUP
OT Phil Loadholt
TE Rhett Ellison

Have at it boys and girls...

Last edited by BWG VIKE on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would put them like $30MM under the cap, going into a brand new stadium. Do you think that is realistic?
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
This would put them like $30MM under the cap, going into a brand new stadium. Do you think that is realistic?

I forgot to put down extension for Smith so that would affect it but I don't think a new stadium plays into Spielman and Zimmers approach to free agency, what are the fans going to show up and riot because they didn't sign any high profile free agents? we are going to need cap room in the not too distant future and if Kalil even sniffs around his rookie level of play then he will cost a lot.
kparty69

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you did with the in house moves.

I'm not a fan of the LSU Oline picks. I would just pick different players there.

I think Jabari Price is being groomed to be Captain Munnerlyns replacement.
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
I like what you did with the in house moves.

I'm not a fan of the LSU Oline picks. I would just pick different players there.

I think Jabari Price is being groomed to be Captain Munnerlyns replacement.

Fair enough I almost went with a combination of Germain Ifedi and Landon Turner but I don't envision Ifedi as a LT more of a guard or RT and I really wanted to add a solid back up plan for Kalil.

I think Price is a fringe roster player at this point unless a WR was to take over punt return duties opening up Sherels spot.
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Edit** Left the 10th pick out of the draft

Forgot Hassan Ridgeway(DT) in the 5th round
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much cap to spend, we need some FA help.

Also, Hawkins is a potential 1st rounder.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
So much cap to spend, we need some FA help.

Also, Hawkins is a potential 1st rounder.

Yea Hawkins will probably gone by then but there is a good chance he is around in the 2nd, I almost went with Alexander and Hawkins 1 and 2 instead of Boyd with Keyarris Garrett in the 3rd but I figured I would dream a bit.

I knew most would not be a fan of free agency or lack there of but unless we could land Osemele I don't see another guard worth the contact they will command. Only real option at receiver would be Jeffery, I would be ok with spending top dollar on him but he probably doesn't touch the open market. At safety it is easy to connect Nelson and Iloka with Zimmer but it is easier to connect them with Cincinnati and I think they stay, Weddle could be an option but not a long term one and Gipson will probably be over paid immensely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: