Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Shocker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runrickyrun34

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Draft Shocker Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be funny if the 49ers took Ronnie Brown with the #1 pick? If they sign David Boston, I think Rattay wouldn't do bad with his receiving corps. To be honest, I thought Barlow was impressive as a backup, but he doesn't have the ability to be an every down back. I know they need to address their defense, but it would throw the whole draft out of whack!
Plus, there are other interesting QB prospects they can get later in the draft and for much, much CHEAPER! If they select a QB with the first pick, they will be forced to pay a huge salary to a 'hit or miss' player.

Miami would be dumbfounded!
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB is not a position you just throw in later It's the position you build around Rattay is an average backup nothing more, Barlow is crappy but RB is the deepest position in the draft if they really want one Ciatrick Fason and J.J. Arrington could start for alot of teams right now.
zgrande

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I have to agree with runrickyrun. I just don't see this year's QB's as top 5 draft pick material (flame away).

Barlow was miserable last year - I know because I suckered somebody into a trade of Culpepper for Barlow in my fantasy league last year. I laughed at Barlow's performance the rest of the year.

I would love to see San Fran draft somebody other than a QB and either pick one up in the later rounds, or wait until a future draft/trade.

I don't know if I would take Ronnie Brown, but I would not spend the $$ on Alex Smith and definitely not on Aaron Rodgers.
Peppers90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
QB is not a position you just throw in later It's the position you build around Rattay is an average backup nothing more, Barlow is crappy but RB is the deepest position in the draft if they really want one Ciatrick Fason and J.J. Arrington could start for alot of teams right now.

is that why the most of the SB teams have had QB's that weren't 1st day picks?

Brady
Delhomme
Warner
Dilfer

You can bulid a successful team if you get a QB that doesn't make many mistakes...hell just look at the Colts..they have the best QB I've seen in a long time..and they havn't won it all..so IMO your statement about you "have" to bulid a team around a QB is rediclious..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Shocker Reply with quote

runrickyrun34 wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny if the 49ers took Ronnie Brown with the #1 pick? If they sign David Boston, I think Rattay wouldn't do bad with his receiving corps. To be honest, I thought Barlow was impressive as a backup, but he doesn't have the ability to be an every down back. I know they need to address their defense, but it would throw the whole draft out of whack!
Plus, there are other interesting QB prospects they can get later in the draft and for much, much CHEAPER! If they select a QB with the first pick, they will be forced to pay a huge salary to a 'hit or miss' player.

Miami would be dumbfounded!

Thats a good call IMO. Ronnie Brown is much better than either of the the QBs. Give Rattay another chance, if he and the 9ers show no improvement get Leinart next year.
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm Peppers90 Dilfer was drafted 6th overall.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
RD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9ers just gave Barlow a 5mill roster bonus a month ago. They are not going to pick RB in the first.
Montana168

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the niners should just draft aaron rodgers. everyone says we should draft edwards , williams , or brown. but to build this team , we need a qb to build around and i think we could do that around rodgers. i dont want to see the niners struggle another 2 win season. we need to start winning now , and if we draft rodgers, he should be the starter from day one.
RD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9ers are going to be a poor team no matter who they draft. If you're tired of losing and want more of an impact player from the getgo, then QB is NOT The way to go. Going Edwards or Williams would be the best way. You have a QB in Rattay that can play now, and if you give him weapons, he can at least be decent, which would give you more wins this season.

I think the 9ers are going Rodgers, but I think if you want more results from the getgo, he shouldn't be the choice.
Montana168

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good points RD , edwards and williams wouldnt only boost win totals but they would boost fan attendence as well , im sure. also that would make rattay develop even more as a DECENT qb. but we need a home run hitter right now. i think if rodgers is put in as the starter he already has weapons. rashaun woods and brandon lloyd are young and very talented and there is a lot spec. that boston could be coming to the bay area as well. and the running game will also pick up this year with a couple more imporvements on the line through the draft and the rest of FA.
Peppers90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
hmmm Peppers90 Dilfer was drafted 6th overall.

the point is..the Ravens wasn't the ones that drafted him that high..nor did they expect 6th overall pick talent from him...and they didn't "bulid" there team around him

and IMO you don't have to bulid a team around a QB in todays game...bulid it around defense..have a very good running game..and a QB that can make a couple plays in a game when needed..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is that why the most of the SB teams have had QB's that weren't 1st day picks?

Brady
Delhomme
Warner
Dilfer

Its funny how Super bowl QB Delhomme was mentioned but not Super Bowl QB McNabb. And to say MOST QB's just isn't accurate, it just seems like that recently because of Brady and Warner. Teams just find their own ways to build. If they feel they need a QB they shouldn't BS around, just grab Rodgers because as I've said before, Rattay's a bottom 5 starter. He only had 2 good games as a backup! And even if they never win another superbowl... I'd love to have the same records as McNabb, Culpepper, Manning, or Vick. How many people would like to take a 7th round QB from this year's draft if I told them he HAD to start. Well thats what the 9ers have...3 of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: