Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

VERSION II QUICK MOCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SE500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: VERSION II QUICK MOCK Reply with quote

Still trading down in this one.

We trade pick 30 and our 3rd and 4th round picks to the Jets for their 2nd(37), 3rd (70) and 4th round picks (101).

We re-sign both Raji and Guion.

We sign a veteran TE to at least compete. Could be a guy who hasn't been cut yet. For now I'm tempted to go Zach Miller but not sure about the medicals or money. Instead, we sign TE James Casey.

I think it likely Thompson stays away from free agents that haven't been cut until June. There are better MLB prospects available, but likely not good enough to cost us a comp pick. We sign a veteran ILB, for now I go with Colin McCarthy. I assume the medicals would be OK. Again, I think this veteran hasn't been cut yet.

Rest of the guys back as we know, including Richardson and Barclay.

2 comp picks, 5 and 6.

I weigh heavily the Bowl games, especially the Senior Bowl and East/West.

2 - ILB Denzel Perryman Miami

I think he likely goes in this area, and while he may have limitations is the football player we need here. Might be guys with higher ceilings, but they might be gone by now too.

2 - CB Jalen Collins LSU

I know, he's not going to drop this far. Neither is Kevin Johnson. Somebody might. Collins isn't all stars and pluses either. If you're certain both would be a pipe dream in the late 2nd then insert Quinten Rollins or Ron Darby here.

3 - CB Josh Shaw USC

Problems in the past, which he has atoned for. I like the player, and I don't think he drops much past this point.

4 - DL Henry Anderson Stanford

I think he'd fit in nicely at Tech-5. I think we need some depth there.

5 - ILB Taiwan Jones Mich St

Here is some upside to hope for. Has the tangibles.

5 - TE Ben Koyack Notre Dame

I like Bell here better, but I'll go this way. In the very late round 5 you are going to get prospects often times more than players. I think this is good value at this point. He was once thought of as a day 2 type guy, but the play hasn't proven that to be true.

6 - RB Josh Robinson Miss St

We let Harris walk, I like Robinson.

7 - WR Ranell Hall UCF

Nice Senior Bowl I thought, maybe too nice for him to still be here in the late 7th. He has will and want.

I am far less concerned about edge rushers as many on this site. I do not believe Matthews will become an ILB or play there in the future as much as he has of late. I also like Perry and Neal in the situations they are used in and hold out hope for growth by Elliott.
That doesn't mean we won't draft one high, value is value and next year isn't too far away. I see our prime needs (with Raji and/or Peppers signed) as CB and ILB, ILB and CB.

Last edited by SE500 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins will not last to pick 62. Picking him at 37 is a bit early but worth it. Perryman will be there at 62. Not sold on Shaw and I don't trust him. Love the next two picks after that. Not a fan of Koyack. He basically gets his draft stock because Eifert and Nicklas preceded him. He did next to nothing at Notre Dame. I'm sure we'll use one of those last two picks on an OLB gamble of some sort that you've never heard of.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Collins will not last to pick 62. Picking him at 37 is a bit early but worth it. Perryman will be there at 62. Not sold on Shaw and I don't trust him. Love the next two picks after that. Not a fan of Koyack. He basically gets his draft stock because Eifert and Nicklas preceded him. He did next to nothing at Notre Dame. I'm sure we'll use one of those last two picks on an OLB gamble of some sort that you've never heard of.

I'll be honest I don't think Collins is going to be available at 30 or Perryman at 62.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

I'll be honest I don't think Collins is going to be available at 30 or Perryman at 62.

I'll agree with you on Collins. I've got him as the only 1st round worthy CB. Perryman? Not so much. He's a bit too compact for a lot of teams which shows up on his tape. That said, he's incredibly quick and will probably go to a 4-3 defense to be used the way LaVonte David has been used for the most part.
rbens06

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

I'll agree with you on Collins. I've got him as the only 1st round worthy CB. Perryman? Not so much. He's a bit too compact for a lot of teams which shows up on his tape. That said, he's incredibly quick and will probably go to a 4-3 defense to be used the way LaVonte David has been used for the most part.

Trey Waynes isn't a first round guy for you? Or do you mean 1st round corner that might make it to us? I can see Perryman as a much more aggressive Borland and function well in a 3-4.
SE500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Collins will not last to pick 62. Picking him at 37 is a bit early but worth it. Perryman will be there at 62."

I think all along I agreed with this, and my write up after the first two picks kind of shows that. I did have them flipped before I submitted it, but then flipped it back. It all begins what value you place on Perryman. What I should have done is taken Darby with our 2nd pick as I had mentioned in the mock. According to some that would be early, and to some that would be late. I honestly do not know. Thanks for the input.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: