Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dorsey signed to active roster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkfan191

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Dorsey signed to active roster Reply with quote

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne

WR Kevin Dorsey has signed with the #Packers, according to the NFL transaction wire. Boykin battling groin injury.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's that. Hm

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald Driver v2 IMO

R-E-L-A-X
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hardly use Janis FFS what will Dorsey bring besides an extra body on ST?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:

Totally believe Dorsey is ahead of Janis in terms of understanding/timing. I feel like Janis was always a stash move. Tons of talent we didn't want to risk losing.

I've never been enamored with Dorsey but I think I get the logic behind it. People are getting too tied up on Janis too early IMO. (Myself included)

Skypilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:

Totally believe Dorsey is ahead of Janis in terms of understanding/timing. I feel like Janis was always a stash move. Tons of talent we didn't want to risk losing.

I've never been enamored with Dorsey but I think I get the logic behind it. People are getting too tied up on Janis too early IMO. (Myself included)

Meh, one seventh round WR pick made it ahead of another to the last roster spot. It doesn't mean Dorsey is better or "ahead." Taylor offered nothing as a receiver and post-Finley TE is less of a focal point of the offense.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:

Meh, one seventh round WR pick made it ahead of another to the last roster spot. It doesn't mean Dorsey is better or "ahead." Taylor offered nothing as a receiver and post-Finley TE is less of a focal point of the offense.

Knowing both players I'm pretty certain he's ahead in terms of playing normal snaps and just not here or there.

It's fine if you don't agree. We're both making assumptions really but knowing Dorsey and his game and I saw and read this off season he's going to be the more polished guy right now.

Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone came sniffin around our practice squad again, Im glad we put him on. thats yet another PS roster spot open though, now we can get Gillett back in.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
someone came sniffin around our practice squad again, Im glad we put him on. thats yet another PS roster spot open though, now we can get Gillett back in.

They added a rookie cornerback from Utah State to the practice squad.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:

Did that get reported?

CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:

Knowing both players I'm pretty certain he's ahead in terms of playing normal snaps and just not here or there.

It's fine if you don't agree. We're both making assumptions really but knowing Dorsey and his game and I saw and read this off season he's going to be the more polished guy right now.

Not trying to be snarky here, just trying to learn from more knowledgeable minds...but why would a guy who is "ahead" and "more polished" be on the PS and not on the 53?? Just because Janis has the higher upside?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheeseheadinMA wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:

Not trying to be snarky here, just trying to learn from more knowledgeable minds...but why would a guy who is "ahead" and "more polished" be on the PS and not on the 53?? Just because Janis has the higher upside?

IMO we stashed Janis for the future more than he was ready now. Just my take though.

blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheeseheadinMA wrote:

Exactly. After Janis flashed in the preseason, if you expose him to waivers you are almost sure to lose him. A guy like Dorsey who has a lower ceiling, you probably can stash him on your PS.

But with Dorsey showing a LOT on ST this preseason, and having an extra year with that playbook, it's a good bet he sees the field over Janis. Hopefully we see some more blowout victories like last week so we can get these young guys some low-pressure reps. Laughing

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

They added a rookie cornerback from Utah State to the practice squad.

yup, saw that soon after I posted, thx
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will he be returning kicks or punts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: