Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5SQB - Draft Crush Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5thStringQB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: 5SQB - Draft Crush Edition Reply with quote

-No trades
-Raji and Guion resigned
-No outside signings but FA who make sense:
Mason Foster
Rob Housler
Jarvis Jenkins

1 Edge Eli Harold, UVA 6-3 247
Acceleration, motor, long, athletic, already solid pass rusher, tremendous upside, consistency. Great story.

2 ILB Stephone Anthony, Clemson 6-3 240
Hate including him cause he’s such a forum favorite, but there are only so many ILB prospects to cycle through. There is obviously legitimate interest and he could very well be available in the second with some luck and the fact that Kendricks, Perryman, McKinney, and Thompson could go above him.

3 CB Damarious Randall, ASU 5-11 196
Fiery and aggressive competitor with playmaking ability. Hybrid – ‘safety in a corner’s body’ guy. JUCO transfer.

4 WR Tre McBride, William&Mary 6’0 210
Fluid athlete, body control reminds you of Jarvis Landry, hands catcher, smart, experience in slot and outside, footwork, talent level concerns.

5 ILB Hayes Pullard, USC 6’0 240
While some see him going higher (AG20) I think it’s plausible that Pullard is available here. Frankly, I love him as a prospect. Athletic, aggressive, rangy, playmaker with good instincts and upside as a potential 3 down player. Should light up ST his rookie year. Plays faster than 40 indicates. Someone falls every year and tweeners have a tendency to do that.

6 NT Xavier Williams, UNI 6-2, 325
Athlete, technically sound, motor, functional strength is an issue. Could be better at anchoring. Needs coaching, as with all late round picks.

6 CB Damian Swann, Georgia 6-0, 190
All upside with some playmaking ability. Good range. Great at stripping the ball. Fan favorite. Gets burned too often. Stiff hips. Needs some coaching but twice the prospect Goodson is.

6 TE Wes Saxton, Southern Alabama 6’3 250
Fiery competitor, great size to speed combo, upside, fights through contact, not inline. Couldn’t put it quite together in college. Underutilized?

7 Eric Lefeld, Cincinnati 6’6 310
Mainstay.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't really mind it if the draft went down this way but I don't see us going in on Randall. He's got a good profile, but he's a zone guy only; not big enough to play man. McBride is an interesting prospect but not in the 4th. I don't really understand why some are big on Pullard. He looks the part in coverage but his tape shows that he's fairly stiff and can't play the run at all. That said, if you draft him to patrol the middle of the field, he could prove useful as a role player. I like going Williams in the 6th if he's there though I prefer the Terry kind over the Xavier though it's not all that much of a difference really. The rest of it is pretty nice actually and I'm sold on your arguments for those three picks.
5thStringQB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I wouldn't really mind it if the draft went down this way but I don't see us going in on Randall. He's got a good profile, but he's a zone guy only; not big enough to play man. McBride is an interesting prospect but not in the 4th. I don't really understand why some are big on Pullard. He looks the part in coverage but his tape shows that he's fairly stiff and can't play the run at all. That said, if you draft him to patrol the middle of the field, he could prove useful as a role player. I like going Williams in the 6th if he's there though I prefer the Terry kind over the Xavier though it's not all that much of a difference really. The rest of it is pretty nice actually and I'm sold on your arguments for those three picks.

Not sure I understand your 'not big enough to play man' argument. There are plenty of guys with Randall's size who can lock down in man coverage.

McBride offers tremendous value in the 4th IMO, but I understand your hesitation with our current WR depth.

I'd be ecstatic if Anthony was available at this position, but I don't anticipate it. There is certainly going to be a run on ILB in there from 30-50. Of course, the Packers take advantage of value

I'm curious as to how others feel about Swann. I really think he has a lot of natural ability and upside, but at this point he's nothing more then adequate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: