You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pylar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

--- Its obvious the biggest problem for the lions is the O line, therefore i believe 100% we will draft Thomas from Wisconsin. but for these reasons i think we should take Chris Leak, or if still aviable Troy Smith in the 2nd round of the draft.

(why we need another qb,if not drafted in first round..)

1. Kitna is not the future, of the lions. his age is a factor. The amount of sacks he took this year is gonna take a tole and his age will catch up to him in the offseason.

2. Kitna's poise in the 4th quarter when it counts most are not par at all. in many games we had a chance to come back and win the game. Ex. Vikings game where kitna turned it over twice in the fourth quarter. Kitna's 4th quarter stats: 5tds 11ints 5 fumbles lost. And if the lions wanna get out of this spell they will need someone who can contain themselves in the 4th quarter.

3. The new QB can play 2nd and learn the shceme for a year or 2 while kitna gets old and retires.

4. Chris leak is underated to the fact that Tibow plays, but looking at Chris Leak this year shows maturaity that would fit the NFL. Troy smith would be a last resort, but would be a good experiment.

Ty.

Last edited by Pylar on Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
qball8001

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

Pylar wrote:

2. Kitna's poise in the 4th quarter when it counts most are not par at all. in many games we had a chance to come back and win the game. Ex. Vikings game where kitna turned it over twice in the fourth quarter. Kitna's 4th quarter stats: 5tds 11ints 5 fumbles lost. And if the lions wanna get out of this spell they will need someone who can contain themselves in the 4th quarter.

Ty.

Welcome to the boards, and that stat line is just scary
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

Pylar wrote:
4. Chris leak is underated to the fact that Tibow plays, but looking at Chris Leak this year shows maturaity that would fit the NFL. Vince Young would be a last resort, but would be a good experiment.

There is no way we get Vince Young from Tennessee. They will not trade their best young player on offense.

As for Chris Leak, I highly doubt he goes on the first day of the draft. He is barely 6'0 tall and has a long lanky release of the football. After Leon Hall's sub par showing against USC in the Rose Bowl, there is a good chance he falls to 33.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
Pylar wrote:
4. Chris leak is underated to the fact that Tibow plays, but looking at Chris Leak this year shows maturaity that would fit the NFL. Vince Young would be a last resort, but would be a good experiment.

There is no way we get Vince Young from Tennessee. They will not trade their best young player on offense.

As for Chris Leak, I highly doubt he goes on the first day of the draft. He is barely 6'0 tall and has a long lanky release of the football. After Leon Hall's sub par showing against USC in the Rose Bowl, there is a good chance he falls to 33.

ha. opps i was watching an old rose bowl highlight, i meant Troy Smith. but that is a very experimental choice.

I think Chris Leak would be a good pick becuz he matured during his senior year. and is shadowed by Tibow, but this whole lions draft is gonna be fuzzy until it becomes closer to Draft Time
m0town12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

Pylar wrote:
--- Its obvious the biggest problem for the lions is the O line, therefore i believe 100% we will draft Thomas from Wisconsin. but for these reasons i think we should take Chris Leak, or if still aviable Troy Smith in the 2nd round of the draft.

1. Kitna is not the future, of the lions. his age is a factor. The amount of sacks he took this year is gonna take a tole and his age will catch up to him in the offseason.

3. The new QB can play 2nd and learn the shceme for a year or 2 while kitna gets old and retires.

4. Chris leak is underated to the fact that Tibow plays, but looking at Chris Leak this year shows maturaity that would fit the NFL. Troy smith would be a last resort, but would be a good experiment.

Ty.

Dude.. Chris Leak in the second round.. okay.. i'm glad you aren't our GM. You could possibly be worse then Millen. I would take Leak no higher then the 4th. He's never been that good in college. He's short. And he doesn't win big games.
KJonesisDAMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Hawaii QB Colt Brennan if he declars

^^^^
Props to BigBadLion20 for the sig
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying Jon Kitna is not the future is the most annoying point I have read and everyone keeps saying it... Of course he's not the future, he's like 34 years old. Its not the time to draft a QB, we need to build are team before we select are QB of the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrington is da man wrote:
Saying Jon Kitna is not the future is the most annoying point I have read and everyone keeps saying it... Of course he's not the future, he's like 34 years old. Its not the time to draft a QB, we need to build are team before we select are QB of the future.

LOLLL thats what i see in every mock draft explanation that has us taking Quinn loll i have been getting annoyed too

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJonesisDAMAN wrote:
What do you guys think about Hawaii QB Colt Brennan if he declars

I haven't seen him play at all so I can't say much about him, but a lot of people liked Timmy Chang coming out. Timmy Chang went undrafted, we brought him in, and then cut him. If they are similar he may fall to a late round and we may be able to bring him in and see what he has to offer, but we already have a late round project in Orlovsky and may not go that route.
oostorm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

Pylar wrote:

Ty.

Why waste a high second round pick on a QB in waiting when we already have one in Danny Orlovsky
Barry Sanders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

oostorm wrote:
Pylar wrote:

Ty.

Why waste a high second round pick on a QB in waiting when we already have one in Danny Orlovsky

Because DanO is not in the future plans... He's #3 on the depth chart, Martz liked him early in the season, but not anymore.

O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
oostorm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

Barry Sanders wrote:
oostorm wrote:
Pylar wrote:

Ty.

Because DanO is not in the future plans... He's #3 on the depth chart, Martz liked him early in the season, but not anymore.

Where did you hear this?

He was the 2nd QB in the preseason games

The only reason he is #3 during games is because they inactivate the 3rd QB for the game, McCown has started before, so if Kitna was unexpectively hurt mid game, McCown would be ready to replace him

(Hypothetical situation)
I gaurentee you that if Kitna would have been hurt mid game mid season that McCown would have played of the bench that particular game and Danny O would have been named the Starting QB over McCown that next monday
Barry Sanders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasons Lions Should draft QB in 2ND ROUND. Reply with quote

oostorm wrote:
Barry Sanders wrote:
oostorm wrote:
Pylar wrote:

Ty.

Where did you hear this?

He was the 2nd QB in the preseason games

The only reason he is #3 during games is because they inactivate the 3rd QB for the game, McCown has started before, so if Kitna was unexpectively hurt mid game, McCown would be ready to replace him

(Hypothetical situation)
I gaurentee you that if Kitna would have been hurt mid game mid season that McCown would have played of the bench that particular game and Danny O would have been named the Starting QB over McCown that next monday

Because if DanO was the future, he would be competing for a starting job this season.

O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
qball8001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Martz is still Grooming him like he did with Bulger when Warner was named the starting QB.
S-Cobar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
Or Martz is still Grooming him like he did with Bulger when Warner was named the starting QB.

But at the time, Warner really was a better quarterback than Bulger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: