You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agents/Cuts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Free Agents/Cuts Reply with quote

Who do you guys think aren't going to be resigned? and Who do you guys think are going to be cut?

Verba won't be getting his option for the 2007 season.
I have a feeling Bryant will be cut, he's spent way too much time on IR.
Lion of Detroit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furrey (i hope) Redding will be resigned.
Verba and Tucker and Woody all gone
don't know about the rest
Dionosys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bryant will stay. I honestly don't think much will change on defense as far as people leaving. Bly is going into his final year of his deal, only 2.7mil against the cap if he's cut. 4 million if they keep him around. Hall and Edwards will both be looked at as guys to see if they fit in the long term plans but other than Bly, and I doubt he'll be gone, there will not be any real difference on Defense.

Sadly the Oline as horrible as it is, will see the most action.
Gone will be Verba, Tucker, DeMulling, Woody. Woody is the only one that might stick, but he has a roster bonus due I believe so they might just cut ties so they don't have to give him even more undeserved money.

Going into the seaon the Oline will have only 2 penciled starters and 1 rotation guy, Backus/Raiola will be starters at LT/C with Scott a rotation guy.

Pollard also will probably be gone.
Go Lions???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verba, DeMulling, Stokes, and Tucker should all be gone.

I think the lions keep Woody. He hasn't played as well as we expected, but he is still well above average. I think keeping Woody and signing a guy like Dielman or Steinbach would give the lions an above average interior Oline. With Scott and Backus as the tackles, we'd have a line that the skill possition players can at least work with.

I think they keep Bryant, he has some injury problems. But this year he played well. I love his tackling ability.
One

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryant was only injured this year because Ernie Sims layed him out. The other games he missed were because his Grandmother that took care of him his whole life died.
Ice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Verba and Woody getting cut.Verba was injured practically the whole season and is in line for a big raise if I remember correctly.Woody has underperformed his whole contract here.They signed him as a FA to solidify the line but all he has done is gain a few pounds and last season go on IR early because of a lame injury. Tucker was never right last season because of injuries. I remember reading something the Lions said about wait till next season when he's healthy ,so he's probably going to get another shot here.
TheBadGuy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Max Starks? He'll be testing the free agent waters and would make Woody Verba and Demulling more expendable than they already are.
firemillenman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redding and Furrey will be resigned. Woody hasn't done anything as a Lion and should be let go. Bryant spends way too much time on the IR. They should let him go too.

Thanks Keato for the awesome sig!

FIRE MILLEN!!!
And Thank God He Gone!!!!!!!
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firemillenman wrote:
Redding and Furrey will be resigned. Woody hasn't done anything as a Lion and should be let go. Bryant spends way too much time on the IR. They should let him go too.

The only time Bryant missed this year was when his Grandmother that raised him his whole life died, and when Ernie Sims laid him out while trying to come in late on a tackle. He won't be let go.
Sparty On

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wrote:
Bryant was only injured this year because Ernie Sims layed him out. The other games he missed were because his Grandmother that took care of him his whole life died.

but look at the last few years hes been with the lions, hes missed a lot of games
Oades88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparty On wrote:
One wrote:

but look at the last few years hes been with the lions, hes missed a lot of games

Good point. He was also injured the year before, being hit by Kenoy Kennedy and I believe he was placed on IR after that. I think it was against the BEARS. Stanely Wilson got some PT and I think he did OK, considering how poorly he and K. Smith both played early on in the year. BTW a little off topic but why the hell do the Lions keep sending John McGraw on the feild; he is terrible.. We were better off sending Tyoka Jackson out as his replacment ...LOL ( I hope you know I was joking)
qball8001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson and Smith need to be cut.

Verba, Woody, Tucker
Bucky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't the coaches just award Wilson with most improved player?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, he got burnt all the time.
Shane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see Wilson get burned alot this year early on, but he is young & looked like he has improved alot. He may not be a starter but I think he gives you some decent depth.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: