You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fill a void or best draft on the table???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illmadden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Fill a void or best draft on the table??? Reply with quote

What do you think will happen. Will we go for Tim Thomas OT to protect Kitna and create holes for Jones or do we go for the best position available. I really hope we don't go for Calvin Johnson...even if he is the best reciever in the draft! I'm also not sold on Quinn. I'll admit, the Sugar bowl was the first time I saw Jamarcus Russell play (other than ESPN highlights) and I was impressed with the guy's size and play. So I won't go as far as to say that Russell is better than Quinn...but I've watched Quinn play in a couple of games and he seems to make mistakes when it's crunch time. What about Adrian Peterson? I love this kid. But should we risk taking him as the second overall? With Millen's history, it's possible that he takes the risk. I would like to see AD play for the lions, but is that the smartest pick for the team?

I guess what I'm asking is, who would be the best pick for the draft and why?
Barry Sanders

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Joe Thomas not Tim Thomas to start.

I think the best option is trade down, but right now i'm high on Joe Thomas.

not going to say he's the right choice, because there is ways to point why he's good and a bad pick. He's the guy I want right now though.

O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Bucky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade the number 2 pick for number 10 and Matt Schaub....Then with the number 10 pick take Willis or Blalock.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:
Trade the number 2 pick for number 10 and Matt Schaub....Then with the number 10 pick take Willis or Blalock.

You really think Schaub is worth that much? I'm not high enough on him, because he's only played one real good game.

It's a very intresting idea, and could benefit both teams in the long run.

I think we would target Levi Brown, Willis, and Landry at 10.

O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
dom4prez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought Joe Thomas was the pick but after watching Wisconsin's bowl game I'm not so sure. I watched him quite a bit throughout the game and what I saw did not impress me at all. Don't get me wrong he did hold his own, but I definitely didn't see anything to justify him as a #2 draft pick.

Personally I would love the lions to get Patrick Willis. I didn't get to see any of Ole Miss's games but from highlights and clips he looks pretty good. I understand people are calling it a reach, but he's definitely got skills. If we can't trade down I say we take him. Look at DeMeco Ryans, he wasn't drafted until the 2nd round and look at his production! IMO Willis would be our best pick. Him and Ernie would wreak havoc for years!
Bucky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry Sanders wrote:
Bucky wrote:

You really think Schaub is worth that much? I'm not high enough on him, because he's only played one real good game.

I'm not very high on him, but we are moving back 8 spots and picking up a franchise qb. It's not giving up very much for him. I'd love to do that trade and draft Willis at 10. It gives us a starting MLB and a franchise qb.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking to build for the future then Quinn is the only option. He is an elite talent, which this draft is very much lacking.

If you want to win now the player that gives you the best chance to do that is Calvin Johnson.

If they can trade back a few picks then I really like Willis.
Bucky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Calvin Johnson going to give us the best chance to win when we already have two different one thousand yard receivers on the team?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:
How is Calvin Johnson going to give us the best chance to win when we already have two different one thousand yard receivers on the team?

The WR and RB position usually make an impact faster then any other position. Based on the Lions drafting at #2 overall and the talent in this draft he would make an impact the fastest.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. They haven't resigned Furry yet.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:
Barry Sanders wrote:
Bucky wrote:

I'm not very high on him, but we are moving back 8 spots and picking up a franchise qb. It's not giving up very much for him. I'd love to do that trade and draft Willis at 10. It gives us a starting MLB and a franchise qb.

Atlanta would want our first round pick flat out for Schaub. They value him too much to throw in their first rounder and let him leave.
Oades88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:

And BMW is starting to turn it around and looks like he'll be a great Slot receiver in this offence.
WCLF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oades88 wrote:
Bucky wrote:

And BMW is starting to turn it around and looks like he'll be a great Slot receiver in this offence.

I wouldn't count on him even being on the roster for the first mini camp.
Oades88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another posts thats says the Lions arn't going to draft, AP, Quinn, or Calvin Johnson(this info from the Lions insider Tom the Killer Kowalski) . I think they go Defence this year of OL. AND why is everyone in love with Shaub.. ATL already said he is untouchable and we have 3 QB's????

Last edited by Oades88 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oades88 wrote:
Bucky wrote:

He had ONE ok game, it doesn't make him the next jerry rice. he showed improvment at the end of the season but he must still progress.

Trade back and get WIllis or gaines if hes available
then trade the extra second the our original second for a late first rounder and get Justin Blalock

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
Oades88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:
Oades88 wrote:
Bucky wrote:

He had ONE ok game, it doesn't make him the next jerry rice. he showed improvment at the end of the season but he must still progress.

Trade back and get WIllis or gaines if hes available
then trade the extra second the our original second for a late first rounder and get Justin Blalock

Well I think he played 3 or 4 good games. I know he isn't the next Jerry Rice, who knows if Roy is even the next RICE, but all I'm saying is he is turning the corner, and gaining some respect from coaches and I think he'll be around next year and have a decent season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: