You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fill a void or best draft on the table???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did anyone say they were in love with Schaub. What other possible trading partners do we have? Trading the number 2 pick isn't the easiest task.
I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch...why are you assuming Furrey is going to walk away?
Why would the Lions cut BMW? It would make no sense considering the cap hit we would take

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions never draft the guy they should they always seem to pick the wrong guys so saying they should pick this guy means they wont.

There is a problem at guard and running back on this team we cant field that postion look at the garbage we had at those two spots this year how anyone can say we need anything other then those two spots must be stupid.

FIrst off we plucked Flurry out of no where shows ya how easy it really is to find a good wideout they can be found as freeagents you can even draft one with the last pick of last years draft and almost win rookie of the year but a franchise Back or Qb good luck with that one.

ROy williams and Mike Williams with Flurry we have a good wideout core, and Defensive line how much money are we going to sink into our DL we have Rogers/cody/hall/edwards/ Redding and whoever else and we cry about tying up to much cash at running back or OT lol.

Give me a break 2nd pick over all better be a Running back or Quarterback or we need to change our team name to idiots~

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
Bucky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't disagree more...Runningback is not the top need on this team. Kevin Jones has showed signed of greatness if he could stay healthy. Do we need a runningback who can play and add depth, yes. But i think we could bring in a veteran to fill that void instead of drafting another injury prone runningback in AP.

And the Lions don't always seem to draft the wrong guy, they were spot on last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions should of drafted LEinart or Cutler last year then both of them would of been ready for 2007 season instead we are drafting number 2 and still have no future qb here.

Erine Sims is good but really man worth 10th pick of the draft! Look at all the Linebackers we have on this team right now Boss and Teddy they were 2nd round picks and preaty solid when healhty thats the issue maybe we need to draft Linebackers who will stay on the field and there are a ton of them in the 2nd round to be had in every draft.

The Lions have a history of building there defense with 2nd round picks and have done preaty well, look at our starters on defense

DE Edwards 2nd round

DT Rogers 2nd round

DT COdy 2nd round

DE Redding 2nd round

OLB Boss 2nd round

OLB Teddy 2nd round

OLB SIms 1st round

CB BLY freeagent

Fs Bullocks 2nd round

SS Kennedy freeagent

Cb Bryant freeagent

We have always found talent on defense in the 2nd round, please tell me what talent on offense have we ever found in the 2nd round lol or later.

1st round picks for us I can remember

qb Long,ware,harrington all busts

Rb SIms,Sanders,Jones okay 2 out of 3 preaty good.

Wr H Moore,Morton,Rogers,WIlliams,Williams 3 out of 5 not bad

Ot L Brown, Mcdougle,Gibson,Dorney,Backus 3 out 5 not too bad

OG Hardings 1/1 perfect

C NEVER

Te D Lewis, D Hill 1/2 not bad either

Most our picks have been offensive 1st rounders even before Millen got here!~

Defensive picks 1st round:

Sims OLB INC
Blades FS Great
Brown OLB INJ
Porcher DE Great
Westbrook CB Bust
Claibourne MLB Bust
There the only ones I remember~

wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) Schaub = great WCO QB. The Lions don't run a WCO do they? Not with Mike Martz at least.

B) Patrick Willis would be a big reach in the top 10. He may be a great player, but Top 10 Linebackers are normally incredible physical freaks. Don't think Willis translates well to your defense either.

C) Joe Thomas makes a lot of sense. Hard to have a franchise QB with nobody to protect him.

D) Brady Quinn makes a lot of sense. However, hard to have a franchise QB with nobody to protect him.

The Lions are in a position where they just need to add the best talent at the greatest position of need without reaching. I think that narrows it down to Gaines Adams, Brady Quinn and Joe Thomas at #2. If you trade down to #5 or #6, then you can add Laron Landry, Leon Hall, and Allen Branch (Branch would go next to Rogers and you'd be able to move Cody to DE after he dropped 15-20 pounds).

Adrian Peterson only makes sense if Kevin Jones is toast.
Calvin Johnson would be great, but 4 WR's in 5 or 6 years?

I guess I'm just saying that you don't want to reach, you want people that can come in and contribute right away. You don't want to bring in guys at areas that are already strong when you have a lot of holes.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Dude Kevin Jones has been toast for 2 years now hes only still here because we have him under contract if they could of they would of dump him already but what else do they have back there Cason or Harris lol washup Faulk maybe man the Lions are reaching for anyone to replace Jones because hes fricking injured every year.

THe only thing that makes sense to me is Draft Quinn or Russell and if not one of them then Peterson because those players will make the most impact on the Lions future. If they draft a qb then we can always build a OL around them we have time were not going anywhere next year we will have a top 5 pick again maybe we get Mcfadden at Hb because after Jones misses another 1/2 year maybe then fans will get sick of him.

I want Quinn/RUssell/Peterson These guys are top 5 picks every year!

the worse pick at 2 for Detroit would be Johnson or Thomas what a waste of another top pick it would be in the future you can always draft these guys from 5 pick thru 15th where we always pick.

Bucky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Erine Sims is good but really man worth 10th pick of the draft! Look at all the Linebackers we have on this team right now Boss and Teddy they were 2nd round picks and preaty solid when healhty thats the issue maybe we need to draft Linebackers who will stay on the field and there are a ton of them in the 2nd round to be had in every draft.

How can you say the guy who led our team in tackles isn't worth the number 10 pick in the draft? Teddy hasn't played hardly at all, and i wouldn't want him starting even if he is healthy. For all the linebackers you say are found in the second round i can find more superstar linebackers that were taken in round 1.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:
Quote:

How can you say the guy who led our team in tackles isn't worth the number 10 pick in the draft? Teddy hasn't played hardly at all, and i wouldn't want him starting even if he is healthy. For all the linebackers you say are found in the second round i can find more superstar linebackers that were taken in round 1.

If you want to be a top Ten pick, you better get more than tackles.

He only gets tackles. He never gets any pressureo n the QB, does not cover the TE well... Sims is just a medicore talent.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
LOL Dude Kevin Jones has been toast for 2 years now hes only still here because we have him under contract if they could of they would of dump him already but what else do they have back there Cason or Harris lol washup Faulk maybe man the Lions are reaching for anyone to replace Jones because hes fricking injured every year.

THe only thing that makes sense to me is Draft Quinn or Russell and if not one of them then Peterson because those players will make the most impact on the Lions future. If they draft a qb then we can always build a OL around them we have time were not going anywhere next year we will have a top 5 pick again maybe we get Mcfadden at Hb because after Jones misses another 1/2 year maybe then fans will get sick of him.

I want Quinn/RUssell/Peterson These guys are top 5 picks every year!

the worse pick at 2 for Detroit would be Johnson or Thomas what a waste of another top pick it would be in the future you can always draft these guys from 5 pick thru 15th where we always pick.

He does get injured, that's no secret, but the guy has great talent if he's healthy. It'd make much more sense to draft a guy like Michael Bush in the 2nd to split carries with him and upgrade at another spot rather than take Peterson and still have him running behind a horrible line or having no Quarterback. Peterson won't be the biggest help for the Lions. Especially if Jones is completely healthy next year.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Barry Sanders

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
Bucky wrote:
Quote:

If you want to be a top Ten pick, you better get more than tackles.

He only gets tackles. He never gets any pressureo n the QB, does not cover the TE well... Sims is just a medicore talent.

I'm kind of with Qball here.

The #9 pick overall should be getting more then just tackles, but I will also give Ernie Sims a pass on his first season, because the defence is not easy to learn and i'm not sure Donnie Henderson was the right guy to run this D. I think with a linebackers coach in Barry coming in as the defensive coord, will be great help for Ernie Sims.

O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
DetroitLionsGM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could find a trading partner in the Texans who may try and move up to select Joe Thomas. I can not stress enough the fact that they remain loyal to their players and are a classy organization who wont give up on guys who know have talent. David Carr in the Houston Texans minds just needs a few more guys around him to make him great.

anyways like i have posted in my "mock", the trade that has the most likelihood of going through is the one with the Texans. I think that would be perfect for us. I think P Willi is the best option for us. Ever since the Jets drafted Vilma i've been waiting for the next great MLB prospect.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WCLF wrote:
Bucky wrote:
How is Calvin Johnson going to give us the best chance to win when we already have two different one thousand yard receivers on the team?

The WR and RB position usually make an impact faster then any other position. Based on the Lions drafting at #2 overall and the talent in this draft he would make an impact the fastest.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. They haven't resigned Furry yet.

come on, you know WRs take around 3 years to develope. and in martz system.....

here is the thing though, if Schaub is a top 2 pick, why was he taken in the 3rd round. i lvoe the guy but there is no way you trade anything more than a 2nd round pick for him. hard to argue that a QB in this draft is worse than him. also if you want to say well you will have the 10th pick, there is a big difference in tallent between the number 2 pick and the 10th. i think lions take Adams, and J Stanly in the 2nd.
Bucky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to assume by Joe Stanly you mean Joe Staley...He isn't going to bring us anything, he is just an undersized left tackle with quick feet. In Martz offense you need big linemen not undersized one without any versatility to play anywhere besides LT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, sorry about the spelling. but for what its worth hes right around the size or walter jones. not saying he is as talented, but if you dont take a O lineman in the first round, i think he is a great fit...or another way of saying this, better than Backus (looked up the spelling).
Bucky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i should have been more specific, i didn't mean like weight...He's not strong enough is what i was trying to get at.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: