You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What i think we should do
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detlion2006

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: What i think we should do Reply with quote

i have read many of the posts and have seen how many people do not want the Lions to select a quarterback in the 1st round. i agree with this. but i think we should draft Joe Thomas and then in the 2nd round draft the best quarterback avalible ( DO NOT GET TROY SMITH!!!!) or we can wait till next year and just build up are line this year and draft Chad Henne next year. I also think we need to get a Corner in the 2nd-3rd round we are weak at that spot, Bly isnt as good as he once was and fernando Bryant is always getting hurt. I hope that the Lions will get a quarterback and let him learn Mike Martz Offense and let him start in 2008 when the curse is finally over.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What i think we should do Reply with quote

detlion2006 wrote:
i have read many of the posts and have seen how many people do not want the Lions to select a quarterback in the 1st round. i agree with this. but i think we should draft Joe Thomas and then in the 2nd round draft the best quarterback avalible ( DO NOT GET TROY SMITH!!!!) or we can wait till next year and just build up are line this year and draft Chad Henne next year. I also think we need to get a Corner in the 2nd-3rd round we are weak at that spot, Bly isnt as good as he once was and fernando Bryant is always getting hurt. I hope that the Lions will get a quarterback and let him learn Mike Martz Offense and let him start in 2008 when the curse is finally over.

Why not Troy Smith. He had one bad game with no protection. He still had the best season out of any collegiate QB. I wouldn't get him because I don't think that he would fit our system very well (and we have more pressing needs) but you need to explain your reasoning.
Bucky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What i think we should do Reply with quote

detlion2006 wrote:

Explain about Chad Henne too please

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you might even considered Bradon Merweather Fs Miami

He was the cenus number one saftey entering 2006 and got hurt, he droped down the charts some but it would be like drafting Shawn Rogers in the 2nd round a steal of the draft for us maybe.

Hes good!

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
Bucky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Marinelli would draft a guy with huge character concerns like Merriweather...Wasn't Landry the top rated safety going into this year anyhow?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU, This is what i've been saying. We draft joe thomas, the get STANTON (I'm gonna sound crazy, but hear me out). Stanton can elude pass rush better than Russell (A "strong point" of Russell). Hey, Mel Kiper said it best, "He has all the intangables you need at QB". He makes just as stupid decisions as Russell does, only Russell had a relativley good team. Russsell had protection, WRs who could CATCH, and people who could COACH. Stanton, I guarantee, would perform just as well at LSU as Russell did.

Straight from the man who called it^click

R.I.P. Josh Hancock 1978-2007.
=
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan4life wrote:
THANK YOU, This is what i've been saying. We draft joe thomas, the get STANTON (I'm gonna sound crazy, but hear me out). Stanton can elude pass rush better than Russell (A "strong point" of Russell). Hey, Mel Kiper said it best, "He has all the intangables you need at QB". He makes just as stupid decisions as Russell does, only Russell had a relativley good team. Russsell had protection, WRs who could CATCH, and people who could COACH. Stanton, I guarantee, would perform just as well at LSU as Russell did.

Your signature is incorrect.

Instead of rollover, it's carry over.

Here is a link to the audio of the entire chat so you can laugh over and over at what was the greatest radio meltdown in the history of daytime radio...

Valenti Rant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving to the DET airport going back to My hometown New Orleans, and I heard the whole thing. Back to that game, not only was I there, but that very day was my birthday.

=
eagl97

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing wrong with taking Joe Thomas in the first then Troy Smith or the next best QB available. There's nothing wrong with Smith he had a bad game who doesn't plus what ever QB they draft won't play their first year. They will be tutored under Kitna. I don't like Stanton decision making skills at all he lost that Notre Dame by not taking a sack throwing the ball up for grabs and Kitna does that enough especially at the end of games.
Spartan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagl97 wrote:
I see nothing wrong with taking Joe Thomas in the first then Troy Smith or the next best QB available. There's nothing wrong with Smith he had a bad game who doesn't plus what ever QB they draft won't play their first year. They will be tutored under Kitna. I don't like Stanton decision making skills at all he lost that Notre Dame by not taking a sack throwing the ball up for grabs and Kitna does that enough especially at the end of games.

Hey, if the O-line would've blocked for Stanton we wouldn't be talking about this game. and if they would've kept caulcrick in the game.

=
Michiganman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand we do not have a QB that is going to throw us into a Detroit Dynasty but I do not understand why we would draft somebody like Drew Stanton. I do not see Stanton at any point in his career changing the fate of the Lions. If the lions cannot trade down I wouldn't be mad with Joe Thomas in the first, but why a QB in the 2nd??? I would prefer a linebacker or somebody who is going to create turnovers in the secondary. My reasoning is simply that we need immediate help, a QB will be sitting on the bench next season and doing us no good. I may just be the problem the lions have always had and that is shortsighted but that is just what I would do.
DetroitLionsGM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:
I don't think Marinelli would draft a guy with huge character concerns like Merriweather...Wasn't Landry the top rated safety going into this year anyhow?

I fell in love with LaRon Landry ever since last years draft.

But that Reggie Nelson is something else. I watched some game film of him from this past season and last year; the guys is literally everywhere on the field. He's fast, great hands, hits extremely hard, great instincts, helps in run support, great tackler, I think he has potential to be the Best FS in the game in a couple years. Reminds me a lot of Ed Reed. Landry is more like a Sean Taylor.

Non-related to the Lions but i was reading a scenario that had the Redskins taking either Nelson or Landry with theyre choice, and if i was a Redskins fan i would salavate just thinking about that duo, Taylor and Nelson or Landry. That would be SICKENING. I wish the Lions could form something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't Reggie Nelson, LaRon Landry, and Sean Taylor all play FS? They would have to move someones position which could cause some problems.
qball8001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson is over rated.

Troy smith in the second round is doable. But I want brohm in the first.
Bucky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wrote:
Don't Reggie Nelson, LaRon Landry, and Sean Taylor all play FS? They would have to move someones position which could cause some problems.

I think Taylor and Landry both can play either safety position.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: