Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Young vs. Matt Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maduka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are speculating. No one can say for sure that he will not be a good QB in the NFL. Vick wasn't all that great his freshman and Sophmore year. He has problems with decision making too. But he's in the NFL and is one of the Best QB's. You can't just say he won't be a NFL QB. You probably haven't watched a Texas game for that matter. Did you see the Oklahoma State game? Where young completed 85 percent of his passes? Led his team back from the dead? He has that desire to be better and he will. So you can go ahead and say that he won't go to the next level and be a successful QB but remember people said the same thing about Mike Vick, they said he would never be a good QB that he would have to switch to running back or receiver. And look at him now. Vince will do fine and he will be a great QB at the next level if he works at it...

He has all the tools, he has the desire, and he has heart. Plus he knows Steve Mc Nair and going to his summer camps should help alot too.
pboyk12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, I'm not speculating. If anyone's speculating, it's you...basing every idea on completion percentage. Its my job to know quarterbacks, and believe me, there is more to a QB than just a strong, accurate arm and stats. Playing quarterback, being a really good passer and not just a thrower entails a moxy...the "it" quality is very real. I have watched many UT games, and what I've seen is not clouded by a blind allegiance to the Longhorns.
maduka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my last post it should answer the "it" thing.

You're no expert, so I won't pretend to care about your opinion. I don't. For all I know you could hate UT which would make your comments just as bias as mine. Just because you say that he doesn't have "it" won't make a difference to anyone. You're no expert, actually you don't have a clue. If you are such an expert which QB out of this class has that "it"?

It's funny how dumb people try to say something without saying anything at all. You say "it" but don't give a definition. "He has that 'it' I just can't explain it." Well try. It's the moxy the mojo. HELLO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? When people talk about "it" they usually talk about heart, desire, balls, work ethic, never giving up and potential. Vince Young my friend has all of those things. That’s why he’ll be a heisman frontrunner for the upcoming season. Anyone can see that from the multiple performances from last year.

Down 21 at half against Ok St. Vince keyed 49 straight points to get past Ok State. Percentages are important, but if you had seen that game, you would have seen the "it" unless you are blind to your own bias'. There's also the Kansas game. The 4th and 18 play that saved the season for the longhorns and also the winning TD with less then 20 seconds to play. Oh yea and the Rose bowl. Keyed another Longhorn comeback running for 3+ td's and throwing for one.

In fact, my friend, being a fan does give me a bias, but it also gives me the opportunity to confront [inappropriate/removed] pricks like yourself who thinks they know something. Blindness? By being a fan it gives you inside info that no normal bistander like yourself would know about. By being a fan I can dispute all the negatives of people like you who don’t know what you are talking about. I speak with facts and what I see. You try to sound intelligent by telling me about "it" and moxy. What? Don’t think I don't watch every UT game and see every throw Vince makes. He has that intangible and he will succeed.

My two cents WITH FACTs....... what do you have? "It"?
pboyk12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo, somebody's upset. Once again, you're missing the whole point. Is VY a weapon, unquestionably. Can he break a 4th and 18 play when probably no one else in football (save Mike Vick) could make that run, he can and he did. Can he drop back and win a ball game by picking apart a good defense that won't allow him to run? Nope. That is the it I'm looking for. Jeez, man, you'd think you slept with guy. He is an awesome player, but a below average pro-style QB. Simple as that. Since you are obviously a more qualified person to say how good VY is (it's not like I played college football or coach now or anything,) I will agree with you. He is a threat, but when he starts seeing NFL defenses who will stop him from running all day, he will be in trouble. Just like he was against Oklahoma this year. If VY could pass, they may have been in a position to win that one. Two years may make a difference, but VY will be a WR...live with it.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simple as this to me:

1) VY has two more years to study on how to be a good quarterback. He spends time with McNair in the offseason, so I don't see any problems with him not having a good mentor.

2) He needs a better receiving core. Running wrong routes and dropping footballs aren't helping his yards or receptions. His receivers looked a lot better at the end of the season then in the beginning and this showed as Young's numbers improved.

3) Young needs to stop focusing on the intended receiver and read off of cornerbacks and safety, faking them. I've seen this a LOT in the games where he zones in on the player he wants to throw too. When he learns how to play off of the defense, he'll be a lot better and I think this will come in time.

4) Television. Seeing him live was a lot better than on TV. He does look a little goofy and a little stiff but he's a good thrower.
maduka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peepee boyk12 just my point. You are not an expert. He is not a typical drop back passer but he could learn to be.

You can keep saying that he will be a WR but what do you know? Why should anyone listen to you? They shouldn't; I know I won't. Just remember that he got progressively better last year as a sophmore. A SOPHMORE!!! His first full year to start. How many Sophmores QB's could do what Vince did last year with no WR's to throw to? NONE. So he has time. he will improve.

This is how crazy you are. Are you telling me that the "it" and "moxy" means a drop back passer? read your first post on this page then read your last post. You don't make sense. You are not consistant. You are unintelligent.
Hook Em

Last edited by maduka on Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
pboyk12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone hurt this little lady's feelings somewhere in there? Sounds like a guy who never saw anything but the bench even in jr. high football. I love when the incredibly smart guy who thinks everyone else is a "dumb***" can't figure out anything more intelligent to say than swearing. And as for my "it's not like I played college football or coach now or anything" statement...genius, that was sarcasm...so as far that goes, I am a ton more of an "expert" on the game than you. I realize why you got so upset, you were picked on alot in high school. Don't worry, a few years of couch time may get you in touch with the inner homo that seems to be trying so hard to get out. When it comes to football, you should stick to cheering...it's already clear you do all of your thinking with your tits.
maduka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can name call all you want. Just have intelligent takes when it comes to football. A 10 year old can name call and talk bad about someone. That isn't a measure of intelligence. I'm talking football. Facts and stuff. If you feel as if you can make a contribution to that, then do it. But don't make statements that don't make sense like the ones that you've made is this thread.

I've been saying through out this thread that percentages coincide with performance. I've seen every throw every game, and I'm not the only one who thinks he has potential.

I speak with facts and what I see. When people talk about "it" they usually talk about heart, desire, balls, work ethic, never giving up and potential. Vince Young my friend has all of those things.

If you had seen him, I mean really saw him play. You wouldn't be so small minded. I'm convinced you haven't seen him. Everyone has an opinion but you usually formulate an opinion by knowing all the information and seeing the product. You obviously haven't seen all the games and I wish you would just admit it.

Last edited by maduka on Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
pboyk12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, are you a schizo or something? If so, do us all a favor and stay on your meds. As for the football part of this, stats (your so-called facts) don't tell the whole story...if you really knew football, you would understand that. That simple.
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude your acting like nfl defenses are so good, how many of them actually stop mike vick maybe 1 which was the tampa bay defense a couple of years ago. Young can be just as good in my opinion, but we'll see how much of an expert you are in two years, thats if you still have your job.lol.
LEOS06

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hé! hé! hé! pboyk12 you deserve a blame you can't say that VY won't be a nfl qb he is only a soph! And a great one, c'mon you will eat your words in 2 years.... hé oui mec sur ce coup là t à coté de la plaque...lol
sniper69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babelfish wrote:
From what I understand, Vince has been working extremely hard on his mechanics, delivery, pocket presence this off-season. Sounds like someone who is determined to stay at the position he is at. I am a UT fan but not much of a Vince fan. Still, I think that he will come out a quarterback, and get drafted as a quarterback. I think he will be drafted higher than most people expect. Too much potential. I certainly would draft him.
I'm a michigan fan but i will say this with vince young at qb texas will be great this year and i hope he comes out in the draft and the lions draft him he is a star in the making.
pboyk12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying he isn't a great player...he is awesome. But he is awesome because of his athletic ability, not his dropback passing ability. We will see in two years.
WizardofhOgZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can (Young) break a 4th and 18 play when probably no one else in football (save Mike Vick) could make that run, he can and he did.

And Jones can and has made plays that perhaps even Vick and Young could not make. (By the way, your statement was actually 2 sentences - a question and an answer. If you had puncutated it correctly it would have made sense to people other than yourself. The only reason YOU understand "what it says" is that you know what you meant for it to say)

Quote:
Peepee Boyk12 just wrote

Shame, maduka . . . here I just get finished editing my earlier post, in which I made a typo on your board name and you blasted me - then I scroll down to see that you've done THE VERY SAME THING you bitched at me for. Good Heavens man - be consistent.
pboyk12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, obviously people don't believe that Jones can make the kind of plays that Vick can because, as I'm sure you noticed, Jones won't be playing quarterback next year. I know Jones is an awesome athlete, so please don't start pulling the Maduka "Don't insult my team" whiney routine. I would like to see the 'Boys take a risk on Jones if he is around at 42. But not at QB. We will see with Young in two years. I gotta feeling that alot of you out there are going to be wondering why he hasn't improved, passing-wise, next year. As for NFL defenses, they are that good. There is a reason why those Def. Coordinators are in the pros. If you believe that VY has the same kind of explosiveness as Vick, then you are plain nuts. Vick is the fastest guy on the field every time he steps onto the field. In the NFL, VY will be much closer to average. They are not the same. Keep in mind, when a QB is one dimensional (like Payton Manning is as a drop back passer, and like VY is right now as a running QB) the right D. Coordinator can make you look silly. Vick is an exception because his speed is that phenomenol. I will give you guys credit on one thing. He is just a sophomore so we shall see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: