Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles to make trade to get into top 3 pick.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Eagles to make trade to get into top 3 pick. Reply with quote

Eagles have so many picks, most will not make such a great roster.

Eagles will trade several picks to get in top three. I think they will let SF pick 1st.

I'm liking a best trade for #3 with the Browns. This would help both teams a great deal considering there present day roster status.

I think M. Williams or B. Edwards teamed with T.O. is a defensive nightmare that might lead the Eagles to the next step. I also don't think they have to go to the #2 pick because both Williams and Edwards will not go 1 and 2. Three is the best value for them. The Eagles could be unreal this year with this move.

The question is, what would the Eagles give the Browns to have this unstoppable threat on offense?
RoyDrilliams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is 0 chance that happens. To trade up 28 picks into the top 3, the eagles would have to give up so many picks it wouldnt be funny. they'd have to give up probably 5 picks this year and at least a 1st next season.
thefleckster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyDrilliams wrote:
there is 0 chance that happens. To trade up 28 picks into the top 3, the eagles would have to give up so many picks it wouldnt be funny. they'd have to give up probably 5 picks this year and at least a 1st next season.

I agree. This is a silly post. I hope that Bart is kidding.
LT22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is highly unlikely that any team could move up 28 slots. So I do not foresee this happening.

If they included next year's #1, I could perhaps see something happening with the Browns.

Say Philly's #1, Miami's #2, Philly's #2, Philly's #4 and next year's #1.

That would give Cleveland picks 31, 34, 35 and 2 in the early 60s to rebuild the roster and would guarantee 2 #1s next year and probably another high #2 (figure Cleveland finishes 5-11 or so in 2005) with which to further improve the roster.

Even more importantly, they would not be saddled with a huge contract obligation that the #3 choice commands.
Montana168

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that would be stupid if the eagles do that. their going to hav to giv up A LOT more than just picks. plus braylon and mike are going to be (argueably) the next t.o. so owens wont like it wen edwards or williams are putting up better number than himself and he'll demand a trade bcuz hes not getting the ball. sound familiar???

i hope your kidding whoever posted this or thinks this is going to happen.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been a RUMOR that if Benson is still on the board when the Titans pick the Eagles will give the Titans their 1st, both 2nds, and a 3rd to move up.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"

Last edited by bulluckthebeast on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Titans2004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some Titans boards the rumor is that Philly is interested in trading up to land Benson if he falls to #6. Thy would give up their 1st and both 2nd and their late 3rd or 4th. I don't see it happening, but I do see Philly moving up in most rnds in this draft because they don't have enough roster spots for all their picks.
Merged Pillow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
There has been a RUMOR that if Benson is still on the board when the Titans pick the Eagles will give the Titans their 1st, both 2nds, and a 3rd to move up.

I would do that in a heart beat if they took the late third. If either Edwards, Johnson, Williams, Benson, Brown were at 6.
wynalda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefleckster wrote:
RoyDrilliams wrote:

I agree. This is a silly post. I hope that Bart is kidding.

zero chance zero interest in top 3 000000000000000000000
wynalda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:

sure the titans hope...sorry fisher...we love you man....but no....zero chance we even think about this bs rumor.....zero chance
wynalda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merged Pillow wrote:
bulluckthebeast wrote:

I would do that in a heart beat if they took the late third. If either Edwards, Johnson, Williams, Benson, Brown were at 6.

hey pillow...do you own titans stock ?!
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't happen...almost the entire roster has been built through the draft, they don't sign many FAs so they can get supplemental picks, which is why they always have so many picks

Although, in the scenario that Benson falls past 13 they could pull something off before Carolina gets him, but not upto top 6

They still need WRs and a legit RB, also if they don't trade Simon, he'll be gone next year, so they'll need a DT as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not say original premise makes no sense. The Eagles have a roster full of talent. They will not draft 13 players who will all make their roster so consolidating some picks by moving up is not a bad idea. They will probably do so. Additionally they are a Super Bowl contender as they sit now. So picking up one impact player MIGHT be enough to push them over the hump. Not likely a couple depth picks will do that.

That said . . . probably wont happen, either of those scenarios. The Eagles could have Edge for their two second round picks or for Corey Simon if they wanted a RB who was a sure thing impact player.

I wouldnt be surprised to see them trade their first and one of their seconds to move up to take Williamson or Mark Clayton depending on whee those guys go. With the remaining second rounder they could take a DT like Patterson or Canty or Hawthorne or a RB like Fason or Morency or Harris.

Just a minor correction to what LT22 said. It is not so hard to move up 28 slots in the draft. But like Drilliams said . . . moving up 28 slots in the first round IS a daunting proposal.
northernman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mock i had the eagles trading up to 13 with the Texans to select Benson in front of the Panthers and got flammed by an Eagle fan saying Benson was not a need.
trice25asn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Benson is a need but I can see them trading away half the picks to move up to #3. Phil Savage has already shown some interest. Maybe trade Simon and some picks to the Browns since Denver has their whole DL. It would be nice to have BE or MW but I would only trade up for DJ. Like someone said, they only need 1 or 2 high quality players to push them through to the next level.

Hey guys nothing is impossible. Who knew that S.D. would pass up on MVick. Who knew that N.O. would trade their whole draft for RWilliams. Who knew that Dal would pass up on SJackson and KJones for the 5th rated RB, who ended up being better then all of them. Who knew RLeaf would suck so unbelievably hard. No one knows for sure except the handful of people that work for each team. Heck, for all we know Matt Jones could go #1. It won't happen but we don't know. So yeah, the Eagles could move up to #3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: