Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Williams now #1 on Mel's big board
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctown fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Williams now #1 on Mel's big board Reply with quote

For all you Mel Kiper Jr. fans, Kiper now has Mike Williams listed as his #1 rated player. followed by Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, the "Caddy", and Cedric Benson finishing the top five. 6-10 are the two qb's, D.J. and then the two corners.
"happiness is knowing in early February that you'll be drafting #32 in late April"
RD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has finally seen the light Smile

Mike Williams is the best player in the draft.
andrew91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many times he had to be hit in the head to do that
Big Mike is the best player in the draft, that simple

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:

Mike Williams can suck the hairs on my A**. The second coming of Keyshawn Johnson, without the mouth. This does not warrent a top 10 selection.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
primetime21335

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, he sure does remind u of keyshawn tho lol.

i wonder wat he did to get the top spot. his workouts were good but not tremendous and we all know how kiper bases everything on workouts.

i dont think he's the top player available, i dont even think he's the best wr availabe but please dont try to convince me otherwise.

i think he's real good, but just like that one guy said, he reminds me of keyshawn w/o the mouth, great hands and control w/o speed.
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his hands and size is what is keeping him among the other top players. he wont go past the Bucs at no.5 and they would make a great combo with Mike and Clayton, both solid young receivers.

i think braylon will be the no.1 receiver on whatever team he is on throughtout his career while Mike will slip into the no.2 role basically like what Keyshawn does, move the chains.
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Williams third . . . on my list of WRs. I would take Braylon Edwards AND Williamson before him. I think Williamson has huge upside coming from a system that couldnt spell offense if you spotted them the O and the fence. I think he will take a couple years to excel but will move past the rest of his class in his third year if he goes to the right coaching staff. On the other hand Williams played for a powerhouse team with stud QBs and a super offensive coordinator.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my top 5

ronnie brown
braylon edwards
antrell rolle
derrick johnson
carnell williams
really in no paticular order excpt ronnie at no. 1

~ Lork
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:

yep! thats how i have felt for awhile now....
RD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
RD wrote:

Mike Williams can suck the hairs on my A**. The second coming of Keyshawn Johnson, without the mouth. This does not warrent a top 10 selection.

Other than being more athletic and bigger than Keyshawn, I agree. He is Keyshawn, except in a bigger frame, with more athleticisim, which means he can make morep lays.

A receiver that can get you 100 grabs, 1300 yards, and 15 TD's, while possessing a physicla mismatch over every single corner in the NFL isn't worth a Top 10 pick? Are you serious?
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams has by far the best hands in the draft. would have been taken higher than Edwards last year and had he played would have been taken higher than Edwards this year. he is definetly in my top 3.

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Mike Williams
primetime21335

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
Williams has by far the best hands in the draft. would have been taken higher than Edwards last year and had he played would have been taken higher than Edwards this year. he is definetly in my top 3.

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Mike Williams

exactyl "had he played".

how do u know he wouldnt have busted this year? odds are he would have murdered w/ leinart, that run game, and the lack of good recievers around him (at least early in the season), but wat if he started droppin balls and gaining weight.

lol, it wouldnt happen but it might, u cant say it is totally out of the realm of possibilty. hell he did gamble last year when he left early and when he was rumored to be slightly out of shape b4 the draft so its not like he is the allamerican, larry fitz, type guy.

edit: thought i'd clarify, that allamerican reference, i'm talking personality and maturity, not on the feild accolades.
RD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

primetime21335 wrote:

how do u know he wouldnt have busted this year? odds are he would have murdered w/ leinart, that run game, and the lack of good recievers around him (at least early in the season), but wat if he started droppin balls and gaining weight.

Sorry, but thats a huge reach. He dominates as a freshman and sophomore, and with more talent, all of a sudden he's going to start dropping balls? Sure, you can't say it could never happen, but I guess the world could end as soon as I post this too, but it's very unlikely.

Quote:
lol, it wouldnt happen but it might, u cant say it is totally out of the realm of possibilty. hell he did gamble last year when he left early and when he was rumored to be slightly out of shape b4 the draft so its not like he is the allamerican, larry fitz, type guy.

Rumor? What does a rumor have to do with anything, especially when that rumor was proven false? Mike at his workout last year weighed 228lbs, and proved that he was not out of shape. There were absolutely no weight concerns and the rumors proved to be without any bit of truth whatsoever.

As for his maturity - I dont see how anyone can question his maturity. He declared early, but so wold everyone one of us if a 10mill signing bonus wsa right in front of us. After that, he showed as much maturity as you can possibly show. When the courts ruled that he could not go to the NFL, the NCAA Told him to go back to school and pass two classes, with a B or higher. Mike did. The NCAA crapped on him and still denied him eligibility. Instead of keeping the fight going like Clarett did, Mike said he would respect the decision and work for next years draft. In the meantime, Mike was teaching the young USC receivers how to use their hands to beat the jam at the line of scrimmage during practice. Then Mike moves on and works solely on preparing for the NFL Draft. There are no maturity or 'bad guy' issues with Mike Williams.
BeaverBeastly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:

Braylon is a lot better WR then williams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly.

I mean, Mike's only bigger, stronger, runs better routes, has better hands, and is every bit the athlete Braylon is. But because Braylon is a bit faster, he must be better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: